Sig-Of-The-Week #5 (Weather) *Congratulations cjmcguinness*

Well, jake's still tied-up and the peoples are starting to riot, so here it is! SOTW#5!

SOTW Rules are still:

1. Max sig dimensions follow the board's max sig dimensions, 500x150.

2. No crude/offensive language, pics, et cetera.

3. Sig must follow the set theme.

4. Only one entry per person and no modifications are allowed after submitting your entry.

5. You must post any and all stock images used in your sig (just post the URLs ;) )

***This thread is for posting your entries only! If you wish to talk about one of the entries you can do so here.***

If your entry breaks any of the rules it will be disqualified.

The theme is Weather. Weather is the thing that happens outside where your computer isn't. :wink: Rain, ice, tornadoes, bright sun-shinyness; if it has to do with the mood of mother nature, then you can uses it! The deadline is midnight on Friday June 22nd. Today's already half-over (well, in Wisconsin at least), so I'm tacking on an extra day for perfection and polish. POLISH I SAY!

Good luck. :)

Edit: Changed title to indicate opening of voting season

Edit: Changed title to indicate victor

Edit: Unstickied

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

mmmm you know what? a polish sounds really good right now, actually. offtopic I know, but this is my placeholder!

==================================================

sotw5ny2.png

It's simpler than is typical for me, but I like it!

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Okay, I made two very different weather sigs, but my kids overwhelmingly chose this one as the one I should submit...go figure. It's a little amateur-ish, but I couldn't go against the popular vote. :roll:

WeatherSig.gif

The only stock images I used were a few prairie dogs from google image search. Links are here:

http://www.jeffblaylock.com/window/photos/0181.jpg

http://www.schmode.net/prairiedog001.jpg

http://www.backfromthebrink.org/speciesimages/14/1_utah_prarie_dog.jpg

http://hoglezoo.org/animal.photos/utah.prairie.dog1.jpg

weathersig4withoutrain.png

I'm going to stand up and say 'No!' to placeholding and not follow the crowd. I'm going to walk the street alone in my own opinion whether someone follows or not, I'm not afraid to stand for what I believe and I won't be pushed into the latest fads or fashions just to be part of something and be 'hip'.

But before I do that I'd like to declare this as my place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weathersigpng.png

Source images:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Europe_population_growth_2006.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Yorkshire_Ridings.png

This is a mashup of an oldie...created during my first month of using Paint.Net. It uses one image. Unfortunately, because it is so old, I no longer have the original image, and no matter how I try, I can't seem to find it on Google Images anymore. :cry:

Since I have no link to the URL, it's automagically disqualified from the competition...however, I thought I would post it here anyway just to say hey, here it is! :D

sig_weather.png

Deadline!

Thank you to all who participated. For anyone who'd like to vote, PM me with the name of the person who you think should get the $100 prize!!

Oh.. wait... *checks pockets*

$0.11 prize!! :D

Please Note: As was indicate by The_Lionhearted, his source image was not posted due to inability to relocate said image. Unfortunately, rules are rules, so T_L is disqualified. It looks good, though. :wink:

Voting ends on the 27th, so get your votes in by then!

~ Becoming the Archetype

@Tillerman

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid you've missed the boat on this SOTW#5 competition. Entry submission ended last Friday, 22nd June.

However, there will be another competition beginning very soon and if you check out SOTW Theme Discussion you can have some input into the next competition theme.

Feel free to check out the submissions for SOTW #5, you can even vote for your favourite - voting is open to all forum members.

Oh, and BTW, placeholders were frowned upon during this competition and I would advise that you do not put a placeholder in any future competition.

Look forward to your submissions in future competitions.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

@Tillerman,

As you are new to the forum I suggest you take some time to read through the rules, paying attention to rule 13.

The maximum size for a signature is 500px wide / 150px tall.

I'd advise that you amend your current signature before it is removed by one of the forum moderators.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

@Tillerman,

As you are new to the forum I suggest you take some time to read through the rules, paying attention to rule 13.

The maximum size for a signature is 500px wide / 150px tall.

I'd advise that you amend your current signature before it is removed by one of the forum moderators.

Thank you, but it is now amended....

WindowsVista2Concept.png

My Internet Explorer 8 Concept....

My Deviant Art

My Forum

Congratulations cjmcguinness, for thou art the victor.

Runners up are jpope and barkbark00.

Thank you all for participating! :D

~ Becoming the Archetype