How to Install Plugins ×

HSV Eraser

MJW

Now that you can change background colors to something more contrasty, you probably won't need the plugin, but since CodeLab did most of the hard work by writing the clipboard code, it was easy to write.

It's really hard to make a legible 16x16 image that "tells a story." I'm not sure this one is, but I feel a plugin without an icon is unfinished. I probably spent more time on the silly icon than I did on the code.

Here's an icon (yes, I actually made one for this effect): 
attachicon.gif MismatchEraser.png

Hello MJW,

It looks like the flag from Holland.  :)

It is a nice effect. Useful when there are two images that share many features but have different  backgrounds or colors that you wish to change. 

I have one comment: Over a long period of time, users install many effects and unless they have an excellent memory, they will forget how to use the effect and won't know what it does unless they comme to the forum.  In this case, the users may want to use the effect without any results unless they have the second image in the clipboard. So I think that a message should be added/displayed that reminds the user to load the second image to the clipboard before running the effect.

Even better,  I think that an interface should be added that gives an option to load the twin image  "from the clipboard" or "from a file".

But I definitely think that this little plugin has its place in Paint.net.

Thanks MJW.

I agree with Eli. It renders appealing results for a code that isn't lengthy at all.

It's really hard to make a legible 16x16 image that "tells a story." I'm not sure this one is, but I feel a plugin without an icon is unfinished. I probably spent more time on the silly icon than I did on the code.

That's your artistic mindset speaking! i-m_so_happy.gif

Eli: the users may want to use the effect without any results unless they have the second image in the clipboard.

Are you suggesting the users won't get out their loupes, carefully exam the icon, notice it contains a tiny image of a clipboard, put two and two together, and realize they need a comparison image in the clipboard? Maybe you have less faith in PDN users than I do!

Edited by MJW

"carefully exam the icon, notice it contains a tiny image of a clipboard, put two and two together, and realize they need a comparison image in the clipboard?"

I am not just loosing memory, now I need to change my eyeglasses too.  :D

• Like 1

Maximillian, you can save with a transparent background in Sculptris and not have to do all of this. Click the "options" button, then in the new window uncheck the "Save with BG" option, then click the "save" button above it, pick your name, spot to save, file type and you are done.  

56-b_zpsx7dlfkas.png

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Yes, I've tried that already, skully, but the problem remains. Instead of having a capture of a model on the program's interface background, I get a capture of the model on a black background. At least this is what I get on my computer running Sculptris Alpha 6, which I understand to be the latest version. I don't get a transparent background, but a black one :|

Conversation about adding Help/Instructions into CodeLab Effects has been split into it's own thread.

Find it here: Adding a Help Button to a CodeLab plugin

• 1 year later...