removeing a copy right logo

Hey yall i was just wondering if there is a spicific plugin or page i can go to that will teach me or help me remove a cppy right logo of a birthday card i had taken off the web with a screen shot. I want to reuse it to give to my dad and i need to recolor or fill this logo in. TKS

Sounds like copyright infringement to me...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Well, the whole point of the watermark is so that they can show off the product without giving it to everyone for free. By removing it and using it, you are doing essentially the same thing as walking into a store and taking a birthday card without paying for it.

There are certainly techniques for removing watermarks, but that's technically stealing, so you're on your own with that one. Sorry!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Hello! :)

As PDNoob has already said, that image unfortunately has copyright laws attached to it. In other words, someone owns it (perhaps the one who created it) and it's sadly not free. The artist probably worked hard on it, so it needs to be purchased in order to be used. The time, energy, and resources (like a computer art program) were used to make the card, which would be why the card isn't free. If used without proper legal payment, it is a form of internet stealing. If you don't understand copyright laws for images, I would suggest you look into them.

If you think the above sounds like bad news, don't worry, there is still good news!
 The good news is there are images under the Creative Commoners License. Images with the CC license are legally free to use. See this page for more info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license

And for your purpose, all you would need is something with a "free for personal use" CC license.

Now then, I have alternative suggestions for you about your card. :)

Why not make your own card using paint.net?

You can find legally free images from the websites listed on this blog page : http://www.bloggingpro.com/archives/2010/10/01/7-places-to-find-free-legal-images-for-the-web/

You can search for cartoon characters, templates, or other objects, then compile them all together in paint.net with the use of layers.

BUT WARNING, for any image you like, be sure you properly check it's licensing restrictions. Many images from google and flicker, even with the search results put to free to use or Creative Commons license, still don't have licenses.

For some cool font with CC licensing, I recommend http://www.1001fonts.com/ and http://www.dafont.com/.  Be sure to double check each font's license though, which is found near their download links.

Also, I see your current card is like a comic, paint.net has a plugin for speech bubbles if it interests you. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18378-speech-bubble/

Or you can search for speech bubble images in the websites from the blog, and build upon those using layers.

Alright, I hope these suggestions help, good luck! ;)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

Ya but with a name like that and a quote like this 

thats ok im not profiting off it so there  :)

I doubt they will listen  to her or do it themselves. 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I don't want to bite noobs, as I think they are very important, and I want to welcome them with open arms.

However, I'm sorry, that avatar is not nice. I don't say this to be mean, so please don't take it as mean.
I know I've seen images a lot worse, but still, what's being implied is disgusting in a bad way. It's not funny. It's not family friendly. The whole concept of it is implying a cuss word. And even if it's so small that it probably doesn't matter, the cuss word it's self is on there.

Again, I'm not trying to bite here, but that is a borderline offensive avatar and it might be violating forum rules #12 & #24.
I'm not a mod though, so it will be up to them on if it is violating any rules, and if it is allowed/not allowed.

Sorry I don't like the avatar, but the f word is swear word, and both my eyes and ears don't like swear words.

However, please know that it is the avatar I am disliking, not the person. The person is still a person and if they need help we shouldn't make them feel unwanted. So if they need further help or guidance, I'm happy to help. :)

Agreed regarding the avatar.  It's been removed.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.