Well just when I thought I had it right!

Here's the thing: I used layers and they looked fine. But as David has said it's better to start large and work down. I didn't.

So when I went to save it as jpg I saw immediately that the two colors I was using--one super-imposed on the other--were not quite where I thought they were.

So, okay, with layers all I had to do was go to the right layer and move it, right? Well wrong, because although I got to the right layer and got the 'cursor' for text to show, it wouldn't move the text on that layer.

So what did I do wrong? I can always delete that layer--guess not. It also deleted the background as well. Thing is, I had saved it as .pdn first before I went back and started to do the .jpg. Could that have caused it?

You gotta give me credit for stubborn.  A wet-ears, maybe, but a tenacious one! So if I have to start all over again, I will.

Renee

Once text is committed to the canvas, it ceases to be editable characters and becomes instead a collection of pixels. Thus you cannot re-edit the text by returning to the text tool.

In your case you should be able to move the entire layer. Highlight the layer in the Layers window and use the Move Tool :MoveTool:. Click and drag the layer.

Once text is committed to the canvas, it ceases to be editable characters and becomes instead a collection of pixels. Thus you cannot re-edit the text by returning to the text tool.

Do you think it would be possible to add editable text to Paint.Net? I personally use that feature in Photoshop quite a lot. Would be awesome if Paint.Net supported it. :)

There is a plugin: Editable Text

Awesome! I am curious though, was there a technical limitation preventing it from being a built in feature?

From the Popular Feature Requests:

Ability to re-edit text, or "text layers", or some variation thereof -- This an enormous work item due to other plumbing that must be in place to enable it. This falls into the "yes I agree, and hopefully we'll have it someday." No solid ETA, and definitely a 4.0 or post-4.5 feature. This is getting closer to reality, so hang in there.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I appreciate your lesson, Scott. Funny thing, I woke up during the night and thought I wonder if I selected the text I wanted to move, and then used the move pixel tool, if that would work?

You just saved me an extra step and time. Merci, once more!

Renee