For some reason my search term is blocked

Hi there CaliRay and welcome to PDN. 

Sometimes the search terms do not work really well on this forum. 

As for your other problem, if you are saving an image you made youself in PDN, it should not automatically give it a border.  I made two quickly and saved one in the normal way and another with a border.  As you will see ..... no border on one, and a border on the other. 

Of course if you are uploading an image that already has a border - that's a different story.  Then all you need to do is use the rectangle select tool :RectangleSelectTool: and cut out the surrounding border.

p62ijo7.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks for your help Pixey. I must be doing something wrong as your example clearly has no border.

Someone sent me their signature in a JPG. The signature was a huge image file with only a small portion being the actual signature, so I used the rectangle select to cut out the signature. Then I reduced it to a useful size using image resize. When I saved it as a PNG and pasted it into a document, it has a border.

That's likely a setting within the application you pasted the image into.

BTW: this search tool is superior to the forum based one - I recommend you bookmark it ;)  http://www.getpaint.net/search.html

After you used the rectangle select :RectangleSelectTool: did you then, whilst the rectangle select was active, and within the border you want removed, go to: Image and then: Crop Selection, which would then remove the black border? 

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

After you used the rectangle select :RectangleSelectTool: did you then, whilst the rectangle select was active, and within the border you want removed, go to: Image and then: Crop Selection, which would then remove the black border? 

Yes. I tried this again. I tried inserting the image into a LibreOffice Writer page and there was no border. When inserting it into a Google Doc file, the image has a border.

That's likely a setting within the application you pasted the image into.

BTW: this search tool is superior to the forum based one - I recommend you bookmark it ;)  http://www.getpaint.net/search.html

Ahh - @EER was right!  It's not PDN but it's the Google Doc file that's causing the problem.

I too thank @EER for the Search link - I didn't know about this myself thumbsup.gif  

30b8T8B.gif

Another of my favorites:

"If a man speaks while in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, IS HE STILL WRONG?"  :lol: