More lines for curve tool? (Plugin?)

ronanzer0

When I searched I couldn't find anything.

So I'm trying to create the magic effect found in this image:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120930204747/mlp/images/4/41/TwilightMagicS2E24.PNG

I tried creating an ellipse and filling it in with semi-transparent brush and use the dents tool on it but its just not... WAVY enough.

Is there a plugin or way to add more lines to the lines/curve tool? That would be VERY helpful at all times so I can make custom waves/do more things with it.

Thanks for any help.

Sometimes, the solution is simpler than it first appears. Just use multiple lines connected end-to-end on a separate layer and adjust the opacity of the layer as needed.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Curve tool isn't that good for that kind of stuff because it's easy to make a perfect curve when you have 3 points but like 5 or 6 it's just weird to get it right. And I already tried ripples/distort whatever and it doesn't look wavy, it looks just messed up

I think you're either using something that isn't paint.net, or you haven't tried the curve tool yet. Reason: paint.net curves have 4 points. You can't change the number of control nubs.

Anyhow, I made this using paint.net curves:

magics.jpg

I understand it's not perfect, but if I hadn't been in a hurry to finish, it wouldn't be difficult to adjust it to be exactly like the one in the picture.

Edited by pdnnoob

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Try Dents also.   ;)

I tried creating an ellipse and filling it in with semi-transparent brush and use the dents tool on it but its just not... WAVY enough.

Glad to hear that's what you're looking for, ronanzer0. Let me know if you need any more help!

I usually use the right-click mouse button on the 2nd & 3rd midpoints in the line / curve tool which gives the curves a larger arc radius instead of left-clicking on them which makes them a bit too sharp especially with longer arcs. Hopefully it helps!

linecurvetool.jpg

RFX5A1.jpg

Right click is the bezier curve mode. It allows complex curves to be formed including loops.

• Upvote 1

Right click is the bezier curve mode. It allows complex curves to be formed including loops.

Duuude!!! Yeah It's totally perfect! I use it all the time especially when creating signs as I love the handwritten style dot on the lower case "i". It can't be done unless you use the right click.

lowerired.png

RFX5A1.jpg