sperbers originall 05.05.12

Sperber

Hallo again iám back :) i paint a new picture(but it isnt complett ready,i got no ideas what i can paint in it) but i try the tool to make it sharper and i thing it looks preety cool.but please say which is looking better.

9798767dyr.jpg

9930162pln.jpg

please make up your own judgment about the better picture

Edited by Sperber
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to go with the undecided response. While the sharpness of the first gives the picture more depth, the dark horizontal lines are distracting. Perhaps if you combined the two...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You are really amazing boltbait.roll.png ! diagona.032.pngdiagona.032.pngdiagona.032.pngdiagona.032.pngdiagona.032.png

<div><br></div><div>Edit: oh , so sorry to hear about your cats :( </div>

Edited by AhmedElyamani

thanks for the comments,i am every time suprised when i use the tool and see how my picture are changing.

@pdnnoob:i see what you mean and your right,but i youst can make the whole picture sharper,or is their a possibility to use it not for the whole picture?

@ahmed:it was a sad time,but now the live goes on.

Well, if you put them on separate layers, you can use the radial gradient set to transparency mode to remove parts of the top layer so that the bottom layer shows through (right click and drag). For example, if you put the sharp image on the top layer, you can right click and drag with the transparency gradient to remove the horizontal lines where they are unwanted.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I have a very simple question. I am new to Paint and am completely at a loss on where to start. I am trying to edit an image and was referred to Paint. I took a picture of a shoe on an all white background. However, I would like to remove the shadows, brighten the white and remove the crease of the background. How do I do this? Where do I start? Please help!

@ahmed:i try to give you a tip on your topic i hope it helps you:)

@house:the same goes for you:)sry but i use the program not the way you want it,so i cant help you sry:(

@helen and dug:thanks for the comments,it makes me happy to if people like my picture it says to me i must go on with it.THX:)

@sperber

I've been torn on this. I think what you opt to add to the foreground will determine more on which canvas effect fits best. Sharp lines from paint draws would probably show more variation in angle which is the only thing that makes the sharp one not look quite right.

Selective blurring using layer spots or as a thing alpha pass addition like around 20-30 may help you determine some of the area as well.

It has a wonderful oil on canvas feel either way.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

here is my first picture wich i am try to paint wich a few layer.it was completly new for me,but now i think i understand a little bit more how to use layer(a little bit:roll: :))the quality isnt as good after upload,and i dont know why.normaly it is a little bitter sharper,especially the details:(. i hope it is not as bad:)and i change a little bit of my last pic,because i use the there layer to to make the sharpnes a little bit lighter.

9957688ssm.jpg

Edited by Sperber

It is lovely! I like the swirls in the sky & the spots of brightness in the dark. Is that a reflection of the moon? It reminds me of stillness of late autumn which we are in here in Australia at the moment. Well done! A lovely image!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

thanks,the details not as good as they shuld.the light points in the dark are streetlamps and two camper on a fire.i call it light island.and my beautifull castle is very difficult to see:(.when i paint on the programm it was really much better to see .:/and i dont know why i cant upload it in a better quality.

thanks,the details not as good as they shuld.the light points in the dark are streetlamps and two camper on a fire.i call it light island.and my beautifull castle is very difficult to see:(.when i paint on the programm it was really much better to see .:/and i dont know why i cant upload it in a better quality.

Most image hosting websites have a limit on the image size. So far, the only site I've come across without a limit is deviantart.com

I would suggest saving and uploading as a PNG file instead of JPEG.

I like the way it looks, the way you talk it is very dark but it is not on my screen. Possibly the resolution setting on my monitor??

I can only imagine what a fantastic artist you will be when you learn all the tricks to using PDN! Thanks for sharing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

thx for the nice comments!!! next time ill try to make it in 1600x1200 so i can make more details.

and thx for the tips,but i try to upload it as png and jpeg:( and my picloader programm couldnt load a png:/.

Maybe try using Photobucket as your photo host site? They allow you to upload PNG file types. www.photobucket.com

It is a free image hosting site.

i gonna try thx,maybe it work.should register me their to upload?

Edited by Sperber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi again,i was try a little bit of paint.net,and try something new for me.see yourself

it shows my girlfriend and my cat

b7z6idhum3yy.jpg

Edited by Sperber

Very nice pair of pictures!

The sky in the sunset could use some sort of gradient, but other than that, I couldn't have done better myself (who am I kidding...I woudn't have gotten close to that good if I tried :roll: )

The second picture is very hard to make out, but seeing as it is a starfield in the background, I assume that is intended. I would recommend finding or painting a higher quality starfield. The one you used looks like it was saved as an extremely low quality jpeg image. The painting over top is great! Tell your cat (and your girlfriend) it is beautiful for me ok? :D