Help with this texture

I am trying my best to learn paint.net and I do ok. But i don't know anything.

Can someone look at the texture I used and give ideas or a tutorial on how it was made? It's at the top of my web page(banner with all grey textures )

http://www.scoug.org It's my web site, but I would like to make that on my own.

It's the banner at the top. And links to an existing tutorial and hints would be great. I'm a newb.

grrr i have no answer for you, cat jumped on keyboard and all i can do is edit what she left

xD I'd quote this in my sig, but I'm not sure if you would appreciate that :lol:

As ahmed said, make a gradient background and have a layer with your shapes. To draw your shapes, use the line/curve tool and use the right mouse button to drag the nubs on the lines for smoother curves. Once you are satisfied with your shapes, add a new layer on top and draw some white and grey lines that follow the curves on some of your shapes, then blur them until they are barely visible.

As final tip: start big, then shrink later. If you start with an image twice the size of what you want, the results will be twice as good ;)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Rotate/Zoom is your friend for this one! It will add some perspective.

This is what I was going to say.

I've always been looking for ways to create those swerved out lines, that go into the screen. The best way I've found so far is to use the Rotate/Zoom (Ctrl+Shift+Z) tool.

It's not easy. I haven't made anything respectable yet, but it's the best/only way I can think of.

I'm assuming this is you're difficulty, and not how to make grey colors lol

SamusSig-1.png

should be a pretty good starting point.

• 3 weeks later...

Practice, Grasshopper. Practice. ;)