Curves Assistance Request - Recreating a color scheme

Hello all,

After reading through the forum Guidelines, searching for posts related to my query, and researching the Curves functionality tutorial, I am still struggling with my current predicament.

I am using Paint.net to alter the color scheme for my company's PowerPoint template background. The goal is to change the colors from the soft blue that it currently is to a soft green (which will be used for internal PowerPoint presentations). I spent some time working on this yesterday and managed to change the picture from this:

presentation2q.png

to this:

presentation2green2.png

I am happy with this switch. However, there are 2 additional images currently displayed in the blue scheme that I'd like to switch to the equivalent green. However, I cannot seem to accurately replicate my work. There are so many variables regarding the curves and luminosity that I used to create the green scheme above that I am struggling to figure out how to recreate it. Any advice or assistance regarding how I can replicate the green scheme for the remaining two images (shown below) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. - Rob

portfolioimage.png

magnifyingglass.png

...and the effect can be repeated on other currently opened images (or layers) with the keyboard combination CTRL + F.

Thanks for the response. Using the Hue tool first definitely gets me closer to the color I want, but I've spent the last 45 minutes unsuccessfully trying to tweak it so that it matches. Is there anything else that might help narrow down the variables so that I can arrive at the correct color?

If my company is going to accept the color scheme, it will have to look like something extremely similar to the one I posted above. I basically stumbled upon it by dumb luck because I can't seem to get anything close (if I can, I'll use that or try to tweak it to perfection). One avenue that might be worth exploring is the bar on the bottom. The green is listed as HEX value: 8AB13D. Even though there are other variables at play, is this value of any use in perhaps working backwards to find a good color scheme?

You could try importing the palette from the finished image with this: Palette From Image

Edit: that one only exports the palette boltbait.sad.png , try this one Color Match

What I do is I put both images on separate layers and set the blending mode of the one on top to difference. Then, I adjust the color until the portion that should be exactly the same color in both images (in this case, the stripe across the bottom), is black. I was playing with your images and got pretty close using a combination of color tint, hue and saturation, and color balance. I didn't quite get it perfect, but I was rushed (yes, lame excuse :D ). If you get close enough, you could just redo the first by repeating everything; a job that involves simply opening each adjustment you used and pressing ok.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo