Blast’s Art Gallery - Character Design, Drawings, Images, and Whatnots

BlastOfBN

Deviating from Heather & Shayla stuff, I also present to you, these... really rough-for-now, modest, things...

image.png

image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png

image.png

I've been pretty secretive about these things, and therefore, I'm not going to directly tell you what these are. That's up to you to take a guess.
(please don't take any of these outside of the Paint.NET forums. I prefer to show these things in hyper-professional environments)

• Like 1
  • Hooray 1

PDN Forums Signature 2.png

Cute @BlastOfBN.  Some kind of game you're working on?  Looks like you have many, many hours invested in this.  😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

aliens?

They’re… ponies, lots and lots of ponies.

And dragons, and griffins, and yaks, and changelings, and Aghulians™️, and humans (that are found in another dimension).

There’s way more creatures to list. The world of Equestria is quite strange.

I should also mention that this is a fan project; no one from the MLP staff is a part of this thing, it’s just a game that me and a couple of friends are working on.

8 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Looks like you have many, many hours invested in this.  😊

I’ve been putting all of this together since February of this year, although I’ve actually been wanting to make a game like this for the past couple of years. Just not with the characters seen in the one I’m working on now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tactilis said:

...should be Unconscious

O noes! Itz a myscpelling!

Thanks for the reminder; I now must make sure not to misspell that word (or any word in general) in the game’s script.

Funnily enough, this reminds me of the unconscious status in EarthBound Beginnings, which has it spelt as “Faintd”.

image.png.031b5f9ca8942004bc97f56ffa614584.png
Although the misspelling of the word in this case is most likely intentional, considering there’s not much room in that window.

My ideas for Heather & Shayla merchandise were very wide, ranging from baby stuff, bedroom stuff, birthday stuff, car stuff, cups, mugs, shirts, pants, pins, posters, stickers, you name it.

The first thing I ever intended to bring into the real world was this Baby on Board car window sticker with a baby Cindy.
image.png
I harvested this idea from the fact that a lot of drivers in my area have these on the back of their cars, as well as stickers in general (like that green car with a Sanrio Keroppi sticker whose color is of the same as the car's paint, which belongs to someone lives from me several doors down from me. Sanrio is just really popular here in SoCal. Why I've got a couple Sanrio vinyl figures on my shelf right now!).

On the topic of the illustration of this planned sticker, the way I illustrate baby eyes is really just through making the pupils big, and giving them a Pac-Man sort of shape, or any other shiny texture and/or pattern.

When this plans to go on-sale is unknown for now, as Heather & Shayla isn't quite ready for the open world at the moment. By the way, my dad seems really eager about me making merchandise, with him being a merch designer.

• Like 1
  • Hooray 1

• 2 weeks later...

they're talkin'.
main_dragons_speaking_anim.gif.58a26a47209c63089c2a5ef81eb94866.gif

This, this is just a demonstration of the talking animation for several of the characters, which plays when a character has dialogue. I try to keep a character's talking animation at least two frames (which heavily appeals to me for some reason), because April 1, 2006, but at the same time, October 10, 2010 (and the occasional December 28, 2022).

Why did I choose the dragons over the ponies for this (the main selling point)? Good question... because I'm actually not sure.

• Like 1
  • Hooray 1

Very good 2-frame animation for your characters @BlastOfBN😊  Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Although, I feel like it would have been more impressive if I were to showcase the walking animations, which utilize about three frames most of the time (right foot raised forward, left foot raised backward, idle pose displays as the second frame, and mirrors the first frame of the animation to give off the impression of walking, even with the low resolution of the sprites).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 3:46 AM, lynxster4 said:

Very good 2-frame animation for your characters

I would like to reiterate that almost all of the characters shown in the game are not my creations. This is something that one might call a “fan-game” made by some dedicated stallions (and one mare).

The only guy that I’ve shown that is a creation of mine is this dude:

image.png.f0653b3b917d9be891576cdbe565e632.png

(yes, that’s one of my MLP OCs. There’s more)

• Like 2

This right here is a much more complex animation for Spike; his primary melee attack, the Claw Swipe, where Spike slashes the enemy with his sharp dragon claws.
21-34 damage, 52-75 if Ka-POW'd (at least in the starter stats. They change as a character's stats change throughout the game).

image.gif.7b4c4d43f271201abfdbfc9a837e2e5a.gif
By the way, yes, all of this was done in PDN, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this here.

Edited by BlastOfBN
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Back on the topic of Carter, here's a view of his entire body:
Carter-Perspectives.png
Who is he, you may ask? He's essentially... well, me! This is something one may call an "avatar", or a "per/fursona" (fursona in this case due to his "furry physique", please don't look at me in a negative light :S). Many people have a character that represents themselves, whether it be a human, an animal, or even something in the middle, like this!

• Like 2