Leon Aguilez's gallery and fan arts

LeonAguilez

Hello, everyone! I am Leon Aguilez, I usually do fanarts, using paint dot net for years, of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright for fun . And I wish to show some of my personal favorites that I made and share some of my thoughts and the process I did. I'm bad at describing a process as I learn by doing, so I'll try my best. 

spacer.png

Moritaka, (an Original character, a Kitsune/Fox)  excitedly showing his sketches 

First off, he's basically me right now showing some of the arts I made 😅. What I like about this one is that I used a new recent technique to make him blend with the anime screenshot I took. It's like this almost look like an anime episode.

spacer.png

Corrin happy doing it right

This one's inspired from the lines he says in-game. I love the transparent effects. 

spacer.png

Post- war Corrin chilling by the window

The first most ambitious art I made, and I still love how this turned out.  Everything was made through PDN, from the character and to the backgrounds. However, sky is from the image I took, and I made adjustments so that it would blend well with the art I made with PDN.  Though looking at this again, I want to change some stuff with the new techniques I use now but this went so many stages/phases that it's so hard to make changes and it would tax on too much with my poor potato. 

spacer.png

Ryoma gives Corrin advice

There's a moment in the game's story where Ryoma, the big brother (right), gives a pep talk to Corrin (left). I wanted to illustrate this moment and try to make a "fake anime screenshot" style. It was snowing in that scene and since PDN doesn't have a custom brush by default, so I had to think creatively how to pull it off. So I used the render shapes plug-in and rendered circles, then on that layer I used distort then frosted glass. And that's how I achieved that snowy feel. 

spacer.png

Summer Corrin by the beach

Looking back, the anatomy looks so wonky and please ignore it. However, what I wish to share, and focus is the backgrounds. I've poured too much effort making the backgrounds from scratch again especially I didn't used some special brushes of other fancy art programs, but I used the default one with some tricks like using a wood like texture using the multiply layer technique.  I'm still proud of the background on how it turned out despite how terrible the anatomy now looks. 

spacer.png

Fire punch!

She is Rinkah, the daughter of the Flame tribe chief which makes her a warrior princess. What I love about this is the lighting, look at the glowy reflections from her fire. 

F2N1bwRacAEWYex?format=webp&name=small

"Ah you're awake"

Another art of her, this time I wanted to try a sitting pose and experimenting with the lights and shadows to give her an intimidating look. 

7127202dffba85429cfbfd0a76178f2fbe68edbe.png

... Look, Corrin. Can you see the sun breaking over the horizon?

Another moment in the game's story where I wanted to illustrate. Like the technique I used with the sky background in the previous art, I used a picture of mine that has a sunrise and the rest I drew with PDN. 

31caa792a2bf8b16b6e7802397f384628a6dfc29.png

Tears of a dragon

A scene in game where our hero, Corrin, was at his lowest as most of his loved ones sacrificed to protect him... I wanted to do another fake anime screenshot, that extreme close-up shot in cinematography showing a very emotional moment. It was snowy too, so I used again the render shapes and frosted glass technique in this one. 

3ecd79d06f1d833ae7e646ad9436175dbc03120d.png

"Ah, the forest air feels relaxing!"

And the last one for now, this extreme close up shot of him laying on grass. I love this one because it's a layered illustration with foreground and background, I used that bokeh effect that illustrators used, and again I used that blending with the screenshot technique. I loved how this turned out that it's my Twitter icon currently. I just love how serene he is relaxing. 

spacer.png

A meme redraw I made three years ago preferring Paint dot net which is still true today ( Looking at this again feels dated with my old style, I would like to update this but I don't feel like it)

I tried other art apps but this one sticks to me. The feature that made me choose PDN that it supports horizontal scrolling which made it easier for me to draw with the mouse touch pad of my laptop. Also, the HSV sliders made it easy for me to choose and adjust the colors, others have the RGB wheel which is confusing to use for me. And most of all, it's lightweight that my potato laptop can handle it well, compared to others that have too many features that my potato and my brain can't handle.

Personally, I believe that it does not matter whether you have a fancy or simple tool, it all boils down to skill, creativity, and knowledge of art fundamentals to make a good illustration. I have to think creatively within the strengths and constrains of PDN. I would like to share some more of my processes and techniques but like I said I'm bad at describing a process, or when I'm at the "zone" I forget how I do things sometimes. And also, I'm running out of English.

What I have shown are some of the personal best and favorites I made, there are more I have not shared as this would make this post longer. I post weekly over at Twitter and Tumblr if you wish to see more. 

spacer.png

Aaaaand...that is all for now with my arts, I'll be doing more and improving in my art journey. I hope you all liked these and have a great day!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

image.png.0c79ce11d4d165db937909cf1191cf05.png

I'm a Drawer but not I am not a chair 😁

My Pictorium gallery | Twitter: twitter.com/AguilezLeon  | Tumblr: Moritaka the Drawer (tumblr.com) | Deviant art: LeonAguilez-| DeviantArt

WOW! @LeonAguilez these are excellent! Post more in the future, please.  Well done!  😊

Thank you everyone with your kind words, it made my day

578786a9072c66cdacffc001a664a0b973832ffe.png

I'll share more compilations in the future as I enjoy doing these 😊

• Like 1

My Pictorium gallery | Twitter: twitter.com/AguilezLeon  | Tumblr: Moritaka the Drawer (tumblr.com) | Deviant art: LeonAguilez-| DeviantArt

• 4 weeks later...

Just doing some of my OC art, my Fatesona and Summoner OC

a2f719d997adce6027a2eef6cba6debbe27d1ec4.png

d7577969715c6e5a777fc2ff9c35144e2eb33ab4.png

Some lore. If you notice they have the same hairstyle, it’s because the kitsune is a reincarnation of the summoner.

a74a13a56d9dc5d19b2d8588f71a80f3085ba953.png

a7698597ba2bf525b9d07f53a14ef8e4c4509fd6.png

and character sheet:

8769cabd0f0f2f4c066b056ef0108fbef7477fc6.png

19b15a89177dfe90b6dd9e266b215901a0538221.png

Next month, I'll be sharing more stuff because I've been so productive and tryinh to improve fast.

• Like 2

OMG, OMG, another digital artist who uses paint.net!!! I've been looking for someone like that for a very long time! I would love to hear about your drawing process. Do you draw with a tablet? I feel like the reason I'm still using paint.net is because I don't have a drawing tablet that will allow me to transition to more drawing-friendly programs. Do you know any other digital illustrator who uses paint.net or are we the only two (with social media) in the whole world?

• Hooray 1

Good to see another PDN drawer 😄

I don't hear other PDN drawers, it's extremely rare. It's always the mainstream ones like photoshop, clip studio paint, etc.

I don't use a tablet but I use the mouse touch pad on the laptop.  This is my process in brief:

First, I sketch it traditionally on paper,

F4YbzEOb0AAM_HY?format=jpg&name=medium

Then I scan and trace over it digitally, make adjustments and fixes. This is the messy line art phase:

F6PFNPUaAAA1svO?format=jpg&name=medium

After that, I clean the lines and add flat colors. I am grateful for the new feature "path smoothing" for the paint brush tool, it made my life way easier. 

F6UFiH9bEAA5hj0?format=webp&name=small

And finally, adding shading and other details:

F4Yb7wbbEAEcncj?format=png&name=900x900

And that's my process and workflow simplified.

I would like to share some of my techniques but I'm bad at describing or articulating a process. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Attempted to make an animated GIF with my OC, Moritaka

ed666185f84a17bd804a7435d57038f5af593d1f

IIRC, PDN had an animated GIF option but recently I couldn't find it. So, I had to export the layers I made in PDN to Fire Alpaca in making the animated gif. 

Edited by LeonAguilez
Typo and Spacing
  • Like 1
  • Hooray 1

11 hours ago, LeonAguilez said:

PDN had an animated GIF option but recently I couldn't find it.

Very nice work and the coloring is perfect.  There is an animated Gif Plugin found here:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 3 months later...

New Year, new arts! 

Now I have the time, lemme share some of my personal favorites I made in the later part of last year

166436a5a2faf59db331881093aa75687d58c82d.png

8a0ac8373788d3a20df32a392f7226e714692c05.png

0d0a81723a8b29d49d0023113f98aa7ebcdf9960.png

b35c93ce64d47c94d202ad98f463a4a1b28d45a5.png

bb8d3cb283041b4637c9a1979e53dd1f1299c999.png

61255d99cae8239416092fee99fdda5ed6e3ae09.png

0c8207540a36923ce138e8973e67fa268cbc0b3b.png

e71506b523fecd77ef1853b02c46db961854c638.png

fa4e49046250fc4bdce95378fab2cf65676c320b.png

0c553cc5a301a7918773793768af68eb6dc7c2f2.png

That's all for now, I'll share again when I made more.

• Like 2
  • Hooray 1