Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

I don't have the motivation to learn alpha mask. And to tell you the truth, I don't really see what's really happening with alpha mask. Could you tell me? It's been bothering me for the longest time!!!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I don't have the motivation to learn alpha mask. And to tell you the truth, I don't really see what's really happening with alpha mask. Could you tell me? It's been bothering me for the longest time!!!

Well, i'll try to show you. :P

example.png

and here's a zoomed in example just incase the 100% zoom view isn't clear enough.

zoomedinexample.png

Hope it showed you the beauty of alpha masking. :)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thank you so much!!! Gosh, I have to work on alpha masking. I just have to put myself together and find some time to work on it. I will hopefully try it out soon. I reread Crazy Dan Man's tutorial and I think I got the hang of it. Just have to practice it now. :)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

One more thing HELEN, alpha masking doesn't involve only black and white, it can also involve a shade of greys too. Use a black to white gradient as a mask, on any image and see what happens. It should be self-explanatory. :wink:

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

@darkmie: All I did was make a circle with the ellipse tool filled with gradient of any colors. Then, on a separate layer, I added the white parts found on the top of my glossy. I worked back and forth until I achieved the desired image. The most important things are to keep all new additions to the image on separate layers.

Here's an image that saved for you. Maybe you'll understand it better.

Hidden Content:
glossyballtut.png

@Worldnewser: Let's just say that it's a very glossy table and the reflection was seen very well.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshblue, I doubt that I'll win. lol. I needed an idea of what my next project should be and I thought 'Memory' would be a good one. Well, thank you for your kind words and I can't find enough words for YOUR graphics!!!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA