How to change default file type in "Save As" dialog from .png to .jpg

• 1 month later...

Because 'many' people don't understand how data loss occurs when you save an image as a JPG. Rick (Paint.NET Developer) does. For this reason, he treats your image data with a great deal of respect and makes the default loss-less.

For more, read this:

8 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Because 'many' people don't understand how data loss occurs when you save an image as a JPG. Rick (Paint.NET Developer) does. For this reason, he treats your image data with a great deal of respect and makes the default loss-less.

For more, read this:

i already read this.
why you are always saying to everyone about lossy?

i need fast to save all 600x900 images to JPG with different compression from 94 to 98%
Is it my choice! I know this is enough to users and it looks awesome
I still dont get it why your opinion crosses out all kinds of other user cases.

Edited by lmiol

Many years ago I printed photos edited in one of the popular photo editors and saved in jpg format (the original photos were in png format). Then the quality of the photos was quite satisfactory to me. Later, when I decided to retouch these photos, I was very disappointed with the appearance of artifacts. The original png photos were already lost by that time.

9 hours ago, lmiol said:

Many people asks this feature, why still developers ignore fact that is demanded?

You know the answer, stop litigating it. This has been asked and answered many times and it will not change. Do not bring this up again.

i need fast to save all 600x900 images to JPG with different compression from 94 to 98%

There are plenty of other programs out there that can do this.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg