[Forum issue] .zip Attachments download as 5kb .msi files

Go to solution Solved by null54,

Hello, I have an issue whether, no matter if I am logged in or not, an attached .zip such as here:

It downloads as a 5kb .msi file. Not only is the extension wrong, but we can see in the attachment size that it's not 5 kilobytes either, so I can't get around this just by changing the file extension. It seems like the correct file is not being downloaded at all.

• Solution
2 hours ago, FanofSMBX said:

It seems like the correct file is not being downloaded at all.

It downloads the correct files for me, the only issue is that the forum software lost the file name and extension.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

19 hours ago, null54 said:

It downloads the correct files for me, the only issue is that the forum software lost the file name and extension.

Oh, so it did. I saw the 5 KB in File Explorer instead of 4.33 KB here and assumed that it was wrong. Thank you.

This might need a fix of some sort considering that many people are suspicious of .exe and .msi files that are often given to the user when they try to download a .zip from sketchy sites, and I definitely don't want this forum to get that reputation.

It's an ongoing problem with the forum software.... :(