how do I make opacity higher than it already is?

At 255 your opacity is set to completely solid... for every other software on the planet.

That's why you need to ask at a forum dedicated to the game in question. Obviously, they're using something other than normal opacity to determine how solid their textures are.

We don't know what that is... and until we know, we can't help you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stupidiwillleave said:

I have no idea. I just need it to be the highest opacity, but the slider only goes up to 255, how do I make it go higher?

Possibly a job for one of Spinal Tap's technicians?

• Like 1

Rather than giving up, you could use this opportunity to learn what you don't now understand. BoltBait has given you some excellent information. Follow up on his advice and ask in a modding forum.

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, BoltBait said:

At 255 your opacity is set to completely solid... for every other software on the planet.

What about softwares that allows 16-bit images? RGBA16I is a thing.

As for the OP, I think this might be your problem. 8-bit depth limitation in PDN.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

3 hours ago, Reptillian said:

As for the OP, I think this might be your problem. 8-bit depth limitation in PDN.

It seems quite unlikely that a game -- where processing time is at a premium -- is going to use more than 255 levels of transparency. Also, when the image is in PDN, the opacity is represented by 255 levels, no matter what the file format. And unless there's a bug in PDN's file-saving routine for that format, a pixel with an alpha of 255 will be saved as opaque.

I'm with BoltBait: the problem most likely isn't how PDN handles transparency; it's how the game handles transparency. That's what stupidiwillleave needs to look into.