Are the Effect window-positions re-settable ?

I regularly use PDN (which is easier for me to use than other image apps), but a very frustrating aspect of it to me is that EVERY time i click to use a tool, the tool-window ALWAYS appears annoyingly centered on top of my work-image, requiring me EACH time to grab and move the window away to a side area !!!.... 

QUESTION 1 Is there a way to permanently RE-SET this unwanted window-position to a designated side-area ?

QUESTION 2 :  If the answer to Q1 is NO, why does PDN not allow users to set their own tool-positions ?

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Are the Effect window-positions re-settable ?

You are actually talking about the dialogs that plugins use, right?

1 hour ago, hypercat said:

QUESTION 1 Is there a way to permanently RE-SET this unwanted window-position to a designated side-area ?

No.

1 hour ago, hypercat said:

QUESTION 2 :  If the answer to Q1 is NO, why does PDN not allow users to set their own tool-positions ?

There is a little research going on by a few plugin authors in this regard. Programmatically, it is safest for the Developer to open child windows center screen. There is more on this here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/115410-effect-dialog-window-in-center-of-screen-resolved/?do=findComment&comment=564333

6 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You are actually talking about the dialogs that plugins use, right?

No.

There is a little research going on by a few plugin authors in this regard. Programmatically, it is safest for the Developer to open child windows center screen. There is more on this here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/115410-effect-dialog-window-in-center-of-screen-resolved/?do=findComment&comment=564333

Ego-  I use the latest version of PDN, on Window10 /Home Edition.

1. No, i was/am referring to the PDN tool windows ("dialog" box windows. Examples : ALL of the "Adjustments" dialog boxes, ALL of the "Effects" dialog boxes, etc). 

2. What do u mean by "child" window (which most internet users probably dont know either) ?

3. Im not a "Developer", im a PDN USER and i need to have ALL PDN tool windows ("dialog boxes") appearing at a side area that i choose, NOT obstructing my work image.  So again, would you (or somebody) please explain how that need does not make sense ?!!!

Edited by hypercat
First sentence of my reply was incomplete.

10 hours ago, hypercat said:

2. What do u mean by "child" window

Any new dialog that is created or "spawned" by the parent app.

10 hours ago, hypercat said:

i need to have ALL PDN tool windows ("dialog boxes") appearing at a side area that i choose, NOT obstructing my work image.  So again, would you (or somebody) please explain how that need does not make sense ?!!!

See BoltBait's post in the link above. Its not as easy as you might think because paint.net is used in a huge number of different systems. The system Rick has implemented works on every one of them.

15 hours ago, hypercat said:

Im not a "Developer", im a PDN USER and i need to have ALL PDN tool windows ("dialog boxes") appearing at a side area that i choose, NOT obstructing my work image.  So again, would you (or somebody) please explain how that need does not make sense ?!!!

I have to move the dialog boxes all the time.  It's second nature to me, and I don't see it as a big deal.  I typically work on large canvas to do photomanipulations, and having watched more than 10 YouTube videos of Photoshop users doing photomanipulations, even they move the dialog box around to gain better view.

• Like 2