Versions

The plugins probably have updates. You can just install the newer versions.

Old versions of Paint.NET are not made available and are not supported.

It's very helpful if you tell us if you have plugins that don't work anymore so that we can figure out how to get them to work again.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

There are, of course, plenty of places you can find old versions (Google is your friend). There is good reason to keep older PDN versions available, particularly if you're using WinXP.  RB ^ might not like it but if users understand the risks of using old software then that is up to them. If it were me I'd be pleased and proud that they were using any version. It is testimony to PDN's enduring quality over the years that such old versions are still being used productively.  

I have XP on a VM for compatibility purposes on one PC and a dual boot with it on another. I certainly don't want to be swapping back and forth between OS just to be able to use PDN when I want to use it. So I have the last version which supported XP on those machines. Don't use it that often but when I have it works fine for the sort of purposes I require.   

IHaveNoName.png

1 hour ago, Rick Brewster said:

The plugins probably have updates. You can just install the newer versions.

Old versions of Paint.NET are not made available and are not supported.

It's very helpful if you tell us if you have plugins that don't work anymore so that we can figure out how to get them to work again.

Actually I am not sure if it is due to the old version .. maybe another reason.

Content aware fill and Circle Text (I cannot use other fonts).

Thank you!

1 hour ago, IHaveNoName said:

There are, of course, plenty of places you can find old versions (Google is your friend). There is good reason to keep older PDN versions available, particularly if you're using WinXP.  RB ^ might not like it but if users understand the risks of using old software then that is up to them. If it were me I'd be pleased and proud that they were using any version. It is testimony to PDN's enduring quality over the years that such old versions are still being used productively.  

I have XP on a VM for compatibility purposes on one PC and a dual boot with it on another. I certainly don't want to be swapping back and forth between OS just to be able to use PDN when I want to use it. So I have the last version which supported XP on those machines. Don't use it that often but when I have it works fine for the sort of purposes I require.   

Thanks!!!

56 minutes ago, thanhsai said:

Content aware fill

Content Aware Fill woks fine in Paint.NET 4.2.7.

56 minutes ago, thanhsai said:

Circle Text (I cannot use other fonts).

Circle Text can only use TrueType fonts.

On 7/13/2016 at 11:59 AM, AgentGoodspeed said:

It's my understanding that plug-ins in Paint.net can only use TrueType fonts and not Open Type fonts.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait