Moving People In Photos Closer Together

I have here a photo of my late grandparents:

pmST73ppp

What I need is to have my grandfather closer to my grandmother, because the project I'm working on need for their heads to be almost touching. What steps do you guys suggest I take to get the effect I'm looking for? I need to fit them together in quite a small space (for a Christmas ornament circular cutout about an inch in diameter.)

Hi @Maggie you could do this:

1.  Use this site to remove the background  https://www.remove.bg/

2.  Bring the resulting photo into PDN and then cut out, either person, and paste into a new layer.

3.  Play around moving the 2 together.  You may have to crop off the bottom area as lining up the crockery etc., may be fiddly :)

selection.png     ~ clickable for larger image ~

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks for responding, @xod and @Pixey! Xod, yes, that's what I'm looking for exactly! How did you do it? Would you mind if I saved your photo?

And Pixey, thank you for pointing me to that site, that will make future projects much easier!

Edited by Maggie
I forgot how to do punctuation. And capitalization.

I used with slight modifications the method that @Pixey indicated.
It is an example of a fast execution without tweaks. For example, the tie shows the flower petal in the original image.
Sure you can save the image without any problem, but I think it's best to process it yourself.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget there is an incredible Seam Carving plugin which does this sort of manipulation very well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xod said:

I used with slight modifications the method that @Pixey indicated.
It is an example of a fast execution without tweaks. For example, the tie shows the flower petal in the original image.
Sure you can save the image without any problem, but I think it's best to process it yourself.

You are quite right, @xod...I'll do what @Pixey suggested and play around with the image. If I want to learn, I have to practice, right?

@docnich, that's very nice of you-I like it very much. And @Ego Eram Reputo, I thought I had all of the useful plugins-but this one is new; thank you for pointing me to it.

EDIT: I did what @Pixey suggested, messed around a bit with the result, and this is what I came up with:

pl5pNhNjp

I had to shrink it really small to fit the little frame, but the results were good. Thanks everyone who replied in this thread. ☺️

Edited by Maggie
Added photo.