Suggestion (if possible): Select Multiple layers to edit at one time

Is it possible to make paint.net capable of selecting multiple layers at a time and then select a region and move all the pixels from each of the layers? I expect if you could do this then you could apply effects to to that selection as well and have the effect applied to all pixels on each layer.

If this is possible, I think this would make work flow a lot quicker. Thanks for considering it.

ketenksEsignatureSmall2.png.f74cf40145e3a072030b070615ef1b93.png

No; however, you can use Edit -> Copy Selection and Edit -> Paste Selection -> Replace to make this much easier than it used to be. You can even paste the selection into Notepad if you need to hold on to it (it's just numbers).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I'm not sure how that would help. I have an icon and a number over the icon with a background, 3 layers. I have to move the icons around and then move the numbers on top of the icons around and I always have to readjust the alignment to make everything just right. It would be good to keep everything aligned the first time I align it and then align the carrier icon to where I need it to go later on. Copying and pasting a selection doesn't mean I can keep my stuff aligned from what I can tell.

I have Align Object and Align Object plugins, they both seem to do the same thing and they don't align objects to other objects in different layers, so it doesn't help me there. I seriously have to look at the coordinate positions and zoom in to make sure I'm pixel perfect every time I move anything. And then move the overlaying graphics the same amount of pixels.

The copy selection feature allows you to reproduce the same selection so you can apply it to successive layers.

On 2/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, Ketenks said:

I have Align Object and Align Object plugins, they both seem to do the same thing and they don't align objects to other objects in different layers, so it doesn't help me there.

Align everything to the center - then you'll be sure your icon and text will line up.

10 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The copy selection feature allow you to reproduce the same selection so you can apply it to successive layers.

Align everything to the center - then you'll be sure your icon and text will line up.

But they are not centered. They are everywhere and anywhere. And depending on what icons I use their arrangement changes.

• 6 months later...

Would be a nice feature to have. For example if you need to move/shift only 2 out of 3 layers - all aligned relative to each other and having a bunch of tiny bits all over the place that you wouldn't want to merge yet.

Edited by gendalf

I agree with OP. It would be amazing to be able to ctrl+click several different layers and then have any selection transformations/effects apply on all of the selected layers at once. Copy/Paste selection makes it feasible, but this feature would make it trivial and much faster.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I just wanted to perform "image adjustments" that affect the whole image anyway (didn't select anything), and was wondering how to apply it to all layers, but apparently I can't.

It's quite a nuisance for this use-case. I have to perform the same action for each layer. Which can be a lot.

• 4 weeks later...