Saving as an .abr File

Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope it's peaceful and safe travels.

So, we have the option to save a file as an .abr file, and it almost completes, but then never does. It's a black and white PNG. If it helps, here is what the error report says.

Application version: paint.net 4.1.5

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at AbrFileTypePlugin.AbrSave.GetBrushAlphaData(Surface surface, Rectangle imageBounds)

at AbrFileTypePlugin.AbrSave.SaveLayer(BinaryReverseWriter writer, BitmapLayer layer, AbrFileVersion fileVersion, Boolean rle)

at AbrFileTypePlugin.AbrSave.Save(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 293

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass253_2.<DoSave>b__2() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2995

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

Also, if we are supposed to and can be allowed to save a file as an .abr file, would be then be able to save multiple layers like maybe 5...or 10, into one .abr file? Since PDN uses .abr files and opens the collection of them as PNG layers, we can make our own grouping of PNG layers to use at one time. I think that's cool.

So, maybe since I'm not logged in as Admin? Would that matter?

Also, I often work on a 12" x 12" canvas (or smaller) and always 300 dpi. My magic wand tool sometimes causes everything to freeze up, not crash, just stay in a frozen state of limbo if no other windows are open and with just one or two layers. I have a huge ram and memory, and icore 5 or 7, if that helps. Windows XP....just kidding, Win 10.

Also, in case it helps, when working in 300 dpi, using the gradient tool to make an image transparent, when using in an area not full size (12" x 12") but maybe half of that, the gradient tool over reacts. It often makes everything way too transparent when I haven't even gone near the area to make transparent. Usually, the entire layer, regardless of where I have used it. Not entirely transparent, but very noticeably transparent. It seems if it's a layer smaller than my entire layer size, it gets a bit hyperactive. I just thought I would mention that in case anyone else may have noticed it.

This software does incredible things, regardless, but just in case it helps.

This should have been posted in the plugin thread:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/25792-photoshop-brush-filetype-2017-05-22/

The only thing I can think of is that the plugin is trying to read outside of the image bounds.

Although it was working when I tested it with a 3600 x 3600 pixel canvas.

50 minutes ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

Also, if we are supposed to and can be allowed to save a file as an .abr file, would be then be able to save multiple layers like maybe 5...or 10, into one .abr file?

Yes.

50 minutes ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

So, maybe since I'm not logged in as Admin?

That would not matter.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

*.abr is not a native pdn file type. Its a photo........https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/25792-photoshop-brush-filetype-2017-05-22/

Edit: beaten to it by @null54

6 hours ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

Maybe it's built into it because I installed it?

This! 😘