Put points on photo

Greetings Anthony,

Your intentions are not entirely clear but placing points on an image may be as easy as placing a transparent layer above the image and using the paint brush or pencil tool after you have selected a color and pixel size before applying your points. You can then save your work as a PDN file so layers can be added or deleted later, or merge the layers as a single image and save to what ever format pleases you.

• Like 1

Hello Anthony - welcome to the forum :)

A few plugins come to mind: Measure Object and Measure Selection to determine the size. Then there is this plugin to create the ruler & scale Ruler.

Hello @Anthony and Welcome to paint.net :)

When you download someone's Plugin pack, as @AndrewDavid suggests above :LayersMoveLayerUp:, you must unzip the Folder and save the Plugin to a folder in paint.net.  If you have the Classic download of Paint.net (not store bought) this is where you will find the folder:

Effects-Folder.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.