Sakana Oji

How to deep-fry an image

This is my first tutorial on how to make a deep-fried meme. Find out more about deep-fried memes here: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/deep-fried-memes

You will need the following plugins:

Camera Trouser Flare by Stuart Radforth

Overblur by John "Red Ochre" Robbins

Curves+ by Zach "Pyrochild" Walker

For this tutorial I will use this image:

carlcool.jpg.e464613643c3db200d36c93fde636f14.jpg

Step one: Run Overblur and crank the overblur all the way to the right. This will sharpen the image. Then set the blur radius to 5. Repeat with a radius of 1. (You may need to adjust the last radius depending on how big the image is)

636552872_carlcooldeepfry1.jpg.356ec431563b67987d19e1a0e85480da.jpg

Step two: Open Curves+ and choose the "Hot" preset.

1058091848_carlcooldeepfry2-min.jpg.092a94b67f258318e3371f9a7b7d8ac1.jpg(This image had to be optimized, but it's alright.)

Step three (optional): Use Camera Trouser Flare and position the flares over the eyes to make it look dank. For this tutorial I will use the "Blue" type.

2054296555_carlcooldeepfry3-min.jpg.923ec10172584232c30cac75e070159b.jpg

This tutorial is over. I hope you like it, cause then you'll have finally learned how to deep fry images. Thanks!

Edited by Sakana Oji
Improving the tutorial a little bit
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I had never heard of deep-fried images before. Thanks for the tutorial! (I'll give it a go asap) ? Welcome to the forum, by the way! :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I liked to work on it. I had to trix on the glasses a bit, but it worked. The second picture worked very well and quickly!
Thank you for the idea!

dip_fray_combi_fertig.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

Of course, @lifeday. Trix was great when I was a kid. I guess it's not just a breakfast cereal anymore.

And @Seerose Great application with the lantern image.

@Joshua Lamusga

I didn't know Trix until then, I made a mistake myself, I wanted to write "I tricked". However, I see that My "Work" and your "Trix Booklet" go well together - laugh

Nice results everyone :)

@Sakana Oji Well, I learned something today.   I'd never heard of Deep Fried images before :lol: and thank you for the tutorial ☺️

mouse_fry.png

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sakana Oji said:

Lifeday, your result is great, but you don't have to use the flare of course

@Sakana Oji

Thank you for your praise, but I found the flame difficult. This belongs to the tut and I wanted to be able to apply it :-)))))). And practice makes perfect!

3 hours ago, lifeday said:

@Sakana Oji

Thank you for your praise, but I found the flame difficult. This belongs to the tut and I wanted to be able to apply it :-)))))). And practice makes perfect!

It's probably because the flare position isn't syncing properly, you have to use trial and error or a bit of button clicking to get it right

• Upvote 1