Older version

I have Windows10 version 1511 which is no longer supported. .Net Framework is 4. I can't update to latest Windows10 as it isn't compatible with my SSD (Acer laptop).

Stuck between rock and hard place. 

Can I get an older version of Paint.Net that is compatible with .Net4?

Hi @EllisG and Welcome to the forum :)

If you Google for PDN older versions, you will find that Filehippo still offers an older version.  Please be cautious when downloading and check your virus ware is switched on :Warning:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

8 hours ago, EllisG said:

I can't update to latest Windows10 as it isn't compatible with my SSD (Acer laptop).

How is it not compatible? If drive capacity is an issue, try adding an external (USB) drive when you update. This trick got a reluctant netbook updated for me.

7 hours ago, Pixey said:

Hi @EllisG and Welcome to the forum :)

If you Google for PDN older versions, you will find that Filehippo still offers an older version.  Please be cautious when downloading and check your virus ware is switched on :Warning:

Hi Pixie, thank you. I'll do that! Regards, Ellis

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

How is it not compatible? If drive capacity is an issue, try adding an external (USB) drive when you update. This trick got a reluctant netbook updated for me.

Hi, it's not size related. It specifically states I can't install .net 4.5 onwards on Windows version 1511. 

Sorry, misread your comment. In relation to the Windows 10 April update, Acer specifically excludes the Aspire F15. I believe it may have something to do with the type of SSD but I'm not certain. I wish I had known about it before the autoupdate installed. Resulted in screwing the laptop and having to send back to Acer for factory reinstall

Do you happen to know which is the last version of PDN that worked with .NET4? I've attached a screen shot of the security updates from my laptop

Capture.PNG