Does anyone know how to do this effect?

StizGfX

Hi guy,

I'm new here, but ive been using paint.NET for around 5 years.  I was wondering if anyone could help me out with creating an image like the ones below?

Is there a plug in or a cool way of doing this?  Thanks in advance for any help.

face-disintegration-in-photoshop.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi @StizGfX 

Welcome to the Forum

This subject has come up before. Have a read through this thread

Another thought is Tile World - but the sectors will not be very close together unless you work with small tiles. 

Your examples clearly demonstrate vector graphics which paint doesn't do (yet)

Hope this helps B)

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

What I would do on the first picture is manually copy-paste segments of those torn away pieces of the face, manual rotate and position those in random places.

On the second picture, it would help if you have an existing rough texture, I'd just add a layer on top of it then paste a black and white image of a face on this empty layer, manually position it, lower that layer's opacity and experiment which blending mode works best and see if it mimics that effect.

Hi @StizGfX and Welcome to the forum.  Another way is to find a suitable image of cracked/broken glass and then change the blending mode (which will depend on your glass image), after which you can then copy & paste as @Ishi suggests piece for piece to add for the splatter:

EtbY1p2.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Got me thinking of TR's Scatter and TR's Kaboom

Those don't create fragments though, only pixels.