Plug-Ins

Dear Admin-Team,

my described problem is only solvable by the plug-in TR's Quick Outline. Following the step-by-step hints to install, I must confess, it did not work. Surely I'm too stupid but the zip file did not open to paste the files.

Why is the incorporation of Plug-Ins so difficult? I'm sure there are many users having problems with the present system. Under the ? you have a Folder Plug-ins.

Why does not popup there a window offering all possible plug-ins, the wanted plug-in is chosen and the incorporation starts automatically  ???

This was a real great step for the improvement of Paint.NET.  If it is too wasteful/ expensive, please ask for a special donation to realise this possibility - I would immediately contribute.  

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Lepi

Very few people have issues with the plugin system, and once you have done it once it will seem like second nature.

Make sure you're following these instructions to a T.  Also, ensure that you're looking in the right spot in the Paint.NET interface for the plugin.

If you have further questions, you can feel free to ask them in that thread or in this one.

The workflow you've described really isn't possible with user-generated plugins, and would make a simple process rather complicated.  As it stands, the DLL just needs to make it into the Paint.NET/Effects folder, and it will be picked up by the program at the next restart.

All of that being said, a plugin browser has been tossed around for a while and will hopefully make an appearance eventually!

Let us know if you need any more assistance.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Dear David,

I have tried again and now I discovered the solution, I haven't carefully read. The zip-file has to be opened by Windows Explorer and I used a ZIP Console. Now I have the Plagin in my Paint.NET - Effects - Selection and I have to try to get used to it.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Lepi

Plugin Browser:http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/29308-the-plugin-browser-updated-2015-24-01/

It will make recommendations of plugins that you don't have installed (it uses a keyword search + the plugin index). It will not install plugins for you.

Ego Eram Reputo, on 06 Jan 2016 - 7:28 PM, said:snapback.png

Plugin Browser...will not install plugins for you.

Why not?

Even if it could do that, surely it would still need to be manually installed itself in the first place? :/

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Why not?

Because .... there be Dragons!

See, this is why I didn't mention it to the OP.  ;)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.