Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

Editable Text v1.0 STABLE

Get this when opening in 3.5 beta 3.

Hidden Content:
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EditableText.dll
     Effect Name: EditableText.EditableTextEffect
     Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SBCommon, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'SBCommon, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
  at EditableText.EditableTextEffect.CreateConfigDialog()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 707

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Not sure if this was meant to be compatible yet...

Gotcha... ;-)

Seems like, by the time I found the plugin files on your download site, I wasn't the mood to read your clearly listed instructions...lol

Any plans to host your plugins on the forum?

So I downloaded the plugin and added all the files I need to add to the effects folder. When I go to use it it pops up like its going to work but then it closes right away and an error message pops up saying "theres an unhandled error, and paint.net must be closed" Anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?

Delete SBCommon.dll and copy it across again.

Just tried it and it didn't work same thing happened. Also pyrochild I am using the latest version at least I think I am its v3.36

The text doesn't visibly appear on the layer if the text style is adjusted before typing.

When the text is typed in first, then style adjustments are made all is well.

Is this as designed?

Simon: like your plug-in, makes PDN a lot more useful, BUT

why does there seem to be a limit on the number of characters allowed in the text buffer of EditableText ?

The limit seems to be about 150 characters.

Is there any way to increase this ?

BTW what is the most recent version ?

Edited by rob505

Thanks! I've recently developed an interest in captioned images. This tool looks like it could be a bit more useful than Paint.NET's native text tool, at least as far as fixing errors discovered after having moved on to something else. There is one glaring omission though. There's no 'center' or 'right' alignment option that I saw. Could this be added?

I'm glad I'm able to edit my text.

However, when I go back to edit it, the text effect I use disappears.

I'd really like to be able to edit the text while still maintaining the text effect.

How can I do so?

You can't. The text must be unadorned and on it's own layer.

Simon Brown (plugin author) specifically states in the first post in this thread:

"Do not make any changes to that layer apart from layer properties and editing the text with this plugin."

• Upvote 1

Not all of the installed windows fonts are showing up. Is there a way to install new fonts to the plugin directly?

Nice work btw...saves me a ton of time...

Thanks very much for this plug-in. I think it will be of great value. I see the font name in the pull-down menu but no illustration of the font itself? Unless you know what every font looks like, makes it hard to choose which one. What am I missing?

Really thank you for such great tool!

But there's an issue, What I'm working with now requires really high precision on where the text is placed inside the image.

It possible to have a fine tuning way of position? Maybe 2 text squares (additional to the current tools) to specify the coordinates of the position of the text? It can be the leftmost, center, whatever that you use to store the position text.

Thank you again for this.

it crashes in 4.0.3

File: Paint.NET 4.0.3\Effects\EditableText.dll
      Effect Name: EditableText.EditableTextEffect
      Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SBCommon, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Can't find the file.
File name: 'SBCommon, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at EditableText.EditableTextEffect.CreateConfigDialog()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 910

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].