Firey Text

Tom Jackson

Don't shout, TheCharacter. :o

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Create the difference clouds layer

1. Set the blending mode for the clouds layer to 'Negation'

2. Render clouds with the scale for the clouds at roughly twice the font size.

3. Repeat it a bunch to get a whispy look

thats important^^ if you do that it will work :wink:

Dark_Kingblood.png

It still doesn't work for me.

I did what you said. That's not the point, there's something else going wrong.

Is there any PDN so that I see what I missed ?

I don't understand why it doesn't work...

Retry (again) with the tables images from this topic. You must have a result at least in one case (box)...

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3420&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Just another try.

Take the first table from previous link (right-click on it / copy / paste in PDN)

Add a new layer.

On this layer run the clouds effect (250 - 70).

Press F4 and set the blend mode to negative.

Flatten the picture (Ctrl+Shift+F).

Go on with step 7:

Open up the Curves adjustment. Choose 'RGB' under 'Transfer map', then uncheck the 'Red' and 'Green' checkboxes so you're only modifying the blue channel, add a control point as shown below. Do the same for the green channel so you have the curves shown below.

fire_curve.pnghttp://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3669[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my effort:

FlameText.jpg

I am new (and I mean new!) to this so I've got a couple of questions:

1. How do I keep the background black as in the original post?

2. How do I make the text more flame-like. It's just really a bright glow.

3. I did this with three layers - background, text and cloud layer. Should I have done it with two layers - background and text on the same layer and then the cloud layer?

Finally, I followed the instructions as best as I could which took a couple of hours(!) because, being new to this, I'm not familiar with the program. But I haven't a clue what I was doing and could not see the logic because of my lack of knowledge.

I'm mainly trying to get into this to create unique backgrounds for titles, menu background etc for my video editing. Anyway, thanks for looking and any advice will be much appreciated. Glynn.

Sig1500x145-PDN.png

TheBiggFella,

1. I just went around with paintbrush set to black on size 100 and got rid of the extra fire manually.

2. Try changing the scale and roughness of the clouds. You could also try blurring the text more as well.

3. Yes, I only used two layers and it worked fine. Clouds on top and text underneath then merged together at the end.

Here's my go at it. No where near as good as barkbark00's on the first page but it'll do...

fireflylu1.th.png

Here's one I made a while ago using slightly different techniques although I cannot recall them...

madewithpaintdnetyx1.png

sigeb7.png

|_Memphis_|

To be honest, I don't really know how I got so much light in my first image. I followed the instructions in the first post as best I could. But then again that's what I thought I did with the second one and they're pretty different from each other. The only thing that I know I did differently with the second one was to render the clouds a few more times (Ctrl + F) which made the effect more flame like. Oh, and in the first one, I had thee layers with the text being on a separate layer from the background and clouds. I just wish I could have got the brightness of the first image into the second one. More experimentation required I think and I've also spent hours messing around with the program too and probably barley scratched the surface.

Sig1500x145-PDN.png