Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

I'll go first. It's supposed to be those glasses that have the googley eyes...

th_GoogleGlasses.jpg

It's a wee bit pixley and rough, but it was hard to get to this point. Enjoy!

You need to include all text, links and all that other stuff normally seen on the Google page as stated below and in the competition thread.

...you must include all of the links, text, etc. or your submission will be disqualified!

Being that this is stated in the third sentence in the post and not under Rules, You, along with others, may have missed it. I don't see any harm in letting you correct your entry without being disqualified.

Helio, you may want to fix this.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Yes, Shuff. Sorry to disappoint you, but as it is, your submission is insufficient. You may edit it this once.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'm thinking about posting this one that I made about 6 months ago:

Google_Vista_Ultimate_desktop_by_usedHONDA.png

...but with a few quick-fixes to the background image (such as the bottom-left region).

Yet I also want to create a minimalistic version, too...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Nice font... what is it?

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

#2 gets my vote too- nice work!

My idea was to create something simple and easy on the eyes, yet still comparable with the current layout, which is why I've chosen to use a thin sans font with under-saturated colors to match Google's current logo.

BTW, working on the layout right now, have lots of ideas...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Latest concept:

anewlook.png

But as I said before, it'll look too minimalistic for some... though I may actually code this and use it as my homepage :D

I took out the "I'm feeling lucky" button because I never use it, and it's just an out-dated feature of Google, like MS Paint on Windows. I'm also looking for a way to integrate other types of search into the page without ruining its minimalistic style. Oh, and here's a bit of information: No pixel in this image is completely white... just the way I like it.

Of course I misunderstood, it was poorly written. I'm used to "...all text, links, etc..." being the sources used. You should have written "all text, links, etc. on the Google page" Then we wouldn't be having this dilemma and we could go on without problems. I'm sorry for all of these complications, but mistakes happen. I'll try one more time since this was no big deal and is easily fixable. Thanks

DrPeppperSig-1.jpg

The glows weren't done withing the bar at the top, the "I'm feeling Lucky" text doesn't fit i its button, and the effects you did on the logo are quite minute IMHO...

1. I didn't intend that

2. Yes it does, even though its kinda scrunched in there

3. My point wasn't to emphasis the logo. Yes, it looks kind bland in done in a minute, but hey...Google's been up for years and they stuck with the same bland text.

Thanks for the critization. Don't make me do yours. x_x

Glitchy2008.png

Visit these >> [Blog|Site|Wiki]

Hey, those were just my 2 cents... 2 Cents from the holy wallet of constructive criticism!

Don't worry, you can do mine if you want! *threatens Glitchy with an AK-47* And even if you don't... :twisted:

@Bob: Agreed! :)

By the by, there is one more week to get all submissions in!