Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Helio

I already have two done (from the last 3 months), but I'm probably going to only enter the newest one.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Wait... I submitted my first entry, then read the rules. It says that once posted, you may no longer edit your post. Should I delete my post?

Hmm... That's a good question, uH. This time 'round, since three entries are permitted, it would be handy to have them all in one post. However, making it so one cannot edit their posts keeps people from changing their images. Though admittedly, one could save a new image with the same name and upload it over the old one.

Helio? You're the mastah this time. Whadda'ya thin?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Weell, I think it isn't a problem in this situation, since the main goal is to keep anyone from copying other people's ideas. usedHONDA was the first to post, and he removed it immediately.

Basically he wasn't deleting because of an idea he had, and no one had submitted anything yet. ;)

But I think that in the future, no deleting of posts will be allowed. *Adds to rules*

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

How about a "no plagiarism" rule, eh?

Hawkeyes2k7's entries are using a bunch of images that come with Windows Vista. They are not public domain.

Edit: I have removed and disqualified Hawkeyes2k7's entries.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I guess that means that I'll need to use images from Flickr or dA (with permission from the photographer of course).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

I guess that means that I'll need to use images from Flickr or dA (with permission from the photographer of course).

...or just make it 100% Paint.NET with no stock photos...

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Yeah, I'm planning on doing a 100% PDN as a second entry (I'm already halfway done with it).

Added to rules

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Looks very nice, aguba, but the brush needs better antialiasing.

I need your opinion on this:

I would like to enter my try:

logojx0.png

The problem is that it is inspired by an istockphoto:

istockphoto_663984_filling_paint_can_3d.jpg

I tried to reduce the picture to just its basics - can/paint, so I think I'm not doing anything illegal, am I?

sigbar0ks.png