Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

CommanderSozo's looks REALLY nice as a 48x48 icon, which I'm pretty sure is the default icon size these days. It is in Vista, anyhow. Yeah, stretched into a square, because aspect ratio doesn't matter in this image at that size.

Here, take a look... Tried to remove the existing text (too small) and replace it with something still readable after resizing. Horribly done (by me, that is), but gives an idea of what an icon might look like:

cz_icon.png

Imagine if CommanderSozo took a crack and doing a PROPER icon with his source file ;)

For the curious, here are the unmodified (but still pre-cropped) images at 48x48, and just 48 height:

cz_icon_unmodified_square.png

cz_icon_unmodified.png

I'm just loving this as an icon...

Just asking, but can we edit the CSS or HTML if we have Firebug or Web Developer?

You physically can create a user stylesheet, but it will get you nowhere for the competition. Only images will be accepted. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Do i actually NEED to have functioning links and text space?

Sorry if this has been asked already, we are kinda ~40 pages in, and i really don't want to go back through all that...

And also, Hi!

face3wy6.png

My dA - 2 New Images (Oil Painting of face & Exploding Planet Starscape - 18/11/07) & 1 new Haiku ("Love: I Remember" - 21/11/07)

A mock-up (static image) is all that is needed for an entry into the competition. Be sure to read the rules of competition before submitting your entry.

Welcome to our forum :D And since you're new to our forum, I'd like to invite you to read the Rules Of The Forum just so that you are familiar with them. :)

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

A mock-up (static image) is all that is needed for an entry into the competition. Be sure to read the rules of competition before submitting your entry.

Welcome to our forum :D And since you're new to our forum, I'd like to invite you to read the Rules Of The Forum just so that you are familiar with them. :)

Thankyou, I read this:

I have included a screenshot of the Google search page, you must include all of the links, text, etc. or your submission will be disqualified!

And was unsure.

Also, as regards the Rules and Regulations, Don't worry, already glanced at them, and they're the same as our forum, where I'm a Mod. So no spam from me, lol. ;)

I can't see why you don't have your own submissions sub-forum, rather than a 500 page sticky...

EDIT: Is this any good? Or is it not what you're after? Note: This isn't really an entry unless it's any good.

----- Previous Version Removed -----

Earth Pic NASA

All google images and links taken from Google Screenshot. All copyright Google

EDIT2: This is the first time I've used anything better than MSPaint, or any program of it's kind.

EDIT3: New Version, with basic Stars!

9126_860fea96c66e242b6f83918e19f3aa74

face3wy6.png

My dA - 2 New Images (Oil Painting of face & Exploding Planet Starscape - 18/11/07) & 1 new Haiku ("Love: I Remember" - 21/11/07)

For the google website... I know some HTML and CSS. May I redo google as a html file? This would give me some additional opportunuities like non-gif animation etc.

But then I would have to choose the Browsers which are allowed for the raters because IE can't do everything, that I need.

May I may I?

Really, you can do what ever you want, as long as:

1. It has to do with Google.

2. The submitted entry must be an image. A link to a web page will not count, nor will it get you brownie points. You may code a page and take a screenshot of it, though.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'll go first. It's supposed to be those glasses that have the googley eyes...

GoogleGlasses.jpg

The only stock image I used was the Google logo: http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif

and I used the 3-D eye tut buy Ash: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5958

It's a wee bit pixley and rough, but it was hard to get to this point.

Sorry for the problems.

DrPeppperSig-1.jpg