Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Helio

Sorry I don't usually vote in this stuff but, where do I vote?

I'm the one who should be sorry. I got wrapped up playing a video game last night and forgot all about it. I'll post up the instructions later tonight. Voting will be open 'til the end of the month.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Alright guys, voting is open! See the first post in the Comp thread for instructions on how we're doin' it this round. :)

~ Becoming the Archetype

and send the PM to me, the Crazy Man Dan!

You said this in Helio's post.

People will PM Helio.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

That's what I say, Helio will receive some PMs :)

Definately not important, forget it.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

So is it time to start voting for the next one yet? My votes in order are for:

1. OS pack

2. Curser pack

3. Winamp

I'm still alive!

You know, I'm such a stupid...

Having "...send the PM to me..." in a post of Helio's would indeed cause confusion, would it not? Changed'D.

I believe Helio will be back in town tomorrow. We'll consolidate the PMs we both got for the final tally so that the trū winnar will win. :wink:

~ Becoming the Archetype

I'd like a Goolge skinning contest next. Two entries allowed?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Only if you actually enter this time 'round :lol::P

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Yeah... :(

Maybe this time I won't try to make a 10-hour project out of the contest :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Google just seems too basic. Theres not all too much that can be done. We should do an os pack.

Custimize the logon screen for Vista or Xp.. Then, new folder icons and a whole new layout. Seeing how we have a month to skin something, we might as well do something big.

I'm still alive!

Trust me, folder icons take a long time to make, and if you're able to make one in under an hour, it won't look very pretty. Then the window borders and MS theme... it hurts just thinking about it (I've tried). As for the logon screen, that won't be much of a problem.

The sky's the limit for the Google homepage. I've seen some and they look terrific! Nice background images, new logo, better layout, and more seamless look. Too bad I can't find that page anymore :(

Ive made several folder icons. They dont take too long, at least mine didnt. They dont look bad either. And besides, you dont have to make much icons. Just a couple. We've got a month to do it.

I'm still alive!

You know, I'm such a stupid...

Having "...send the PM to me..." in a post of Helio's would indeed cause confusion, would it not? Changed'D.

I believe Helio will be back in town tomorrow. We'll consolidate the PMs we both got for the final tally so that the trū winnar will win. :wink:

Surprise surprise! Helio returns to zero PM's!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Hey! It's not tomorrow yet! Get back out of town! :P

On the topic of the next MSC, I think Google would be a cool idea, but again, it'd probably be something far too simplistic for just one submission...

~ Becoming the Archetype

Hey! It's not tomorrow yet! Get back out of town! :P

On the topic of the next MSC, I think Google would be a cool idea, but again, it'd probably be something far too simplistic for just one submission...

Well maybe you could make it more complicated. Like you have to add the regular google.com, then an IG (With the clock and calendar) search results for paint.NET (Strict safe search) then image and video and news results, cached version of a page, I hope you get the point.

47306796ff8.png

I'd rather have it where you have no limits. You can do anything weather it'll be just a few changes here and there, or what I plan on doing-- a complete overhaul of the UI.

Google just seems way too simple. It would just be a quick, 1 hour thing. Seeing how we have a month, we should really do something big, like an os pack, or an actual progam such as winamp.

I'm still alive!

New poll, new competition.

What'll it be? :)

By the way, you have three days, and TWO votes! These new polls are more advanced!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

There not that much more advance. I didnt know we could vote for two, so I voted for one then hit submit. I dont know if I can vote for a second one now! I dont see how.

I'm still alive!

I had the same problem as Frojo, though i wasn't going to vote on anything else then the OS pack.