Old SOTW discussion thread *depricated*

I only won twice... <_<

I brought up a popularly accepted idea proposed a while ago here and received no strenuous objections, so I used it.

We'll try and get a more structured approach to the next one. These last two weeks (finals for me last week and the spam attack and subsequent move this week) haven't really been conducive to a healthy mental state for me... :shock: :lol::roll: :wink: :|

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I've noticed on the sig of the week thread, that a lot of people are posting sigs with Jerbert in (no suprise there) but not having a link to where they got the image from...

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I don't remember making a FunFact 2...

I don't see one in my PhotoBucket or in my PDN Stuffs folder either.

The first one was this one:

jerbertsig1.png

And I don't think I've made another after that, until now.

If so, though, it's still too late to change it! :wink:

And trust me, I wanted to. I noticed about five minutes later that I had forgotten to slim up the side border. I had extended it to four pixels when I was going to experiment with making the border metal and 3D-esque, but it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. So I changed it back to solid black, but I forgot to move the sides back out those two pixels each. You can tell the difference between my submitted sig and the one I'm currently using if you look at my post in the submission thread. I knew it was too late to change it for the comp, but darn it if I wasn't going to fix it for normal use.

That slimmer border really does make it look better, though.. :(

~ Becoming the Archetype

@CMD: Glad you took the high road. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Noticing errors/defects...

Much like CMD, soon after submitting my entry, I noticed some things I didn't like. The beveled edge and drop shadow, particularly. After going back and correcting the issues I didn't like, I came away with this:

• SOTW_Jerbert_edit.png

Not only is it sleeker, it allows more of the detail in the wood to be seen :)

Looking back, I wonder if "Jerpimp", as apposed to "Pimpbert", would have been a better play on names...

I'm excited about the turnout in this contest. Even janettsue got in on the action - woot! :) Then there's the rise in everybody's artistic/skill level :shock: What's not to get excited about that :D

Good luck to all the entrants!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Ditto BuzzKill. Everyone's looks great, and I wish you all a great turnout!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I dunno, I rather liked the beveled edge of your submitted one, BuzzKill. It gave it more of the placard feel you seemed to be going for. Perhaps a slimmer one instead of completely removing it?

jerbersigBK.png

(I also added some posts holding the glass to the wood. :wink:)

And on the topic of talent, I was very surprised to see a couple of first ever posts in this one. Let me throw a public shout-out to JiMiCrAcK for his incredibly inventive use of Jerbert's mouth as the J in his name. Magnifique. :D

Alright, start spouting off ideas for the next one! Maybe we can start the next SOTW on Monday as the voting for this one ends! (I can hope, right?) :)

~ Becoming the Archetype

How about Sci-Fi Television? There was quite a mini-thread going on in Overflow about Doctor Who/Stargate/Firefly...