Old SOTW discussion thread *depricated*

jake2k

th_SOTW_Jerbert_edit.png

I don't know why, but my favorite part is the border. It's so cool! I've been trying to do them like that lately.

I agree. The border is A+ primo. :)

Thanks, guys!

I dunno, I rather liked the beveled edge of your submitted one, BuzzKill. It gave it more of the placard feel you seemed to be going for. Perhaps a slimmer one instead of completely removing it?

th_jerbersigBK.png

I originally had it thinner but for some reason I ended up making it more prominent. Thinner is better.

(I also added some posts holding the glass to the wood. :wink:)

Thank you. I trust you also corrected my misspelling of the word: rivets :wink:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Yes even janettsue tost her hat in the ring. I enjoyed takeing part. I hated that when I went to post I had to post after madjik. Buzzkill's purple hat is too cool he even has mitered corners on his wood plaque. I liked the sunglasses and Jerbert's lady friend and Groucho and... It all made me smile.

This was my alternate, it was hard to choose.

jerbert3.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I reckon I'll be taking a shot at the next one. Lucky for me I didn't enter this one, as i have NO clue who this Jerbert fellow is :)

face3wy6.png

My dA - 2 New Images (Oil Painting of face & Exploding Planet Starscape - 18/11/07) & 1 new Haiku ("Love: I Remember" - 21/11/07)

I would like to throw the "time" theme back into the hat.

Any other suggestions? Ideas?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I like the abstractness of the concept of "Time" as a theme.

The problem I see with OS themes is there's already a set style. With a Vista theme, the glut of the entries would be glassy with a green field background and a blue glass bar somewhere. There's very little one can do to expand upon the concept of an established theme. Unless someone did a Mac ad... :wink:

It's BuzzKill's call this time, because nobody wanted to vote for me... :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Really? Remember who tallies the votes, now... :twisted:

:wink:

~ Becoming the Archetype

Really? Remember who tallies the votes, now... :twisted:

:wink:

The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I still like the idea of time as a theme...

Ditto. I think bK likes it, too.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yes, I do. I also like the idea of an "Anything goes..." theme. Although that wouldn't be much of a theme. :?

I'll wait until sometime tonight (Saturday) before I decide on a theme. Most likely, I'll go along with the consensus of the forum.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

It's "Time!"

Have fun and good luck to all who participate in the upcoming competition!

I'll leave it in CMD's hands as to when the competition will start, as well as the creation of the thread in which it will be held.

Stay tuned!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Oh, are we not starting yet? Just finished mine, I really like it :)

Should i post it to the pictorium? Or wait and have the wonderfulness of the surprise for you all? :)

Indie.

face3wy6.png

My dA - 2 New Images (Oil Painting of face & Exploding Planet Starscape - 18/11/07) & 1 new Haiku ("Love: I Remember" - 21/11/07)

Sotw-Timesmall.png

That's what I've got so far, what do you guys think?

I made it at 10 x the size, here is the fullsize version.

I also made the clock in it:

Clock.png:)

It is 100% paint.NET :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

So do I :)

It still needs a bit of looking at, but I'm not sure what to do really...

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

Well if we're posting them in here already:

Version 1:

clockworksigdu8.png

Version 2: (Smaller, little border)

clockworksigv2yg7.png

Which is better? I kinda think if i made V1 smaller, I wouldn't need the border. The pic itself is actually a really simple one to make, but i really like it!

EDIT: Hosted them on imageshack instead of attaching.

face3wy6.png

It's "Time!"

Indeed. Also, it is time. :wink:

It took eight interim competitions, but the first ever topic proposed for this competition finally came to fruition. I'm happy. :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

Clocksotw-1.png

Click the pic for the larger (1000 x 1000) version

Ok, I ran out of ideas for the other sig I made, this one is 100% Paint.NET again. It loses a little in the downsizing but I still think it's pretty good :)

dA