Complaints about software that I didn't even pay for...

So I just have a few simple questions about paint.net here.

1. is there a way to make paint.net only show up as one window? it's so annoying that i try my best to only keep one file open at a time so when unminimizing it doesn't show up as 'multiple windows'.

2. is there a way to disable the way undo undoes absolutely everything? what i mean is how it undoes color selection and changing of tool settings, that is extremely annoying and i cant stand it

3. when typing 255 or 256 or 254 or anything like that in a text field it brings up paint.net help in an internet browser, it seems really inconsistent, what exactly is that and why does it come up after typing 255?

4. can i disable the 150% zoom? its horrible with pixel art

Thanks if you answer them!

Edited by ronanzer0

3. when typing 255 or 256 or 254 or anything like that in a text field it brings up paint.net help in an internet browser, it seems really inconsistent, what exactly is that and why does it come up after typing 255?

Help is launched by pressing the F1 key. Perhaps you are "fat fingering" the F1 key when you are trying to press the 1 or 2 key.

1. The smaller utility windows will sometimes float if they are not docked into the corner of the main window. Drag them into the corner until they 'snap' into the corner in both horizontal and vertical directions. Once docked they will move with the main window.

2. No. Undo undoes things. That's how it works.

3. That's really odd. More info please.

4. Hold down the Ctrl key and use the mousewheel to change the zoom. There is also a zoom slider in the bottom right of the main window.

So I just have a few simple questions about paint.net here.

1. is there a way to make paint.net only show up as one window? it's so annoying that i try my best to only keep one file open at a time so when unminimizing it doesn't show up as 'multiple windows'.

Settings -> User Interface -> [ ] Show image previews in the Windows taskbar

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

#2 is a weird one because it's actually far, far, far worse if things weren't done this way, as I discovered to my horror while implementing the new transaction systems in 4.0. Because you can undo into the middle of a transaction (example: draw shape, then edit shape a bunch, then finish/commit <-- you can undo backwards into the 'edit the shape a bunch'), I need to also undo your settings for things like colors and toolbar property values. Otherwise you'd undo into the middle of a transaction and what you had been working on would now be completely different. You could make case that things shouldn't be done this way in a number of cases, but then we're splitting straws and making a very inconsistent experience. You generally wouldn't know if paint.net was going to undo these settings or not; as it is now, you do: it will.

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg