How to gradient text

Ok, first, I am sorry if this has been asked and answered. But how do you gradient text (not sure what to call it), is there a trick or plugin for this?

For example,

fdzHpwi.png

The first word has many range of colors

#E37436

#F46D23
#E17438
#DE7231
#E27335
#etc.

And the second word has only one plain color
#E37436

How do you do the first? Help.

Hello Labyrinth, welcome to the forum! ;)

You could try my 'Object edge' plugin here:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25477-object-edges-new-19th-oct-2012/

Hope that's what you meant - bit difficult to see from the screen shots at that size.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hi Labyrinth - I see @Red beat me :lol: .

Or, if you want the text to be multi colored within the text, you can use the Multi Color Gradient Plugin.

Here are a few screen shots which may be of help.

th_multi%20gradient%201%20for%20PB_zpsza

th_final%20multi%20gradient%20Incred%20P

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hello, thank you @red and @pixey

But that's not what I'm looking for,

what I'm trying to say is how do you do apply a multicolor to a text and not have just one plain color?

See this image below, the color of the text is #E37436 in general, orange

sunyNii.png

Now what I'm trying to accomplish is to have a set of colors of oranges for the text.

#E37436

#F46D23
#E17438
#DE7231
#E27335

Do you have any idea how except using photoshop?
Now there's a plugin made by @KrisVDM, "Gradient", it allows you to have a four-color, non-linear "Gradient" effect, but that only applies to the background, I want it to the text. Help?

If you are able to create the kind of gradient you like to use on a layer then there are several ways to apply it to a text.

Here is a method using the AlphaMask plugin.

- Create a new layer containing your text (the background of this layer should be transparent, the color of the text doesn't matter).

- Select the whole text layer (Ctrl+A) and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C)

- Create a new layer containing your gradient

- Call AlphaMask and select 'Invert' and 'Paste from Clipboard'.

midoras signature.gif

If you are able to create the kind of gradient you like to use on a layer then there are several ways to apply it to a text.

Here is a method using the AlphaMask plugin.

- Create a new layer containing your text (the background of this layer should be transparent, the color of the text doesn't matter).

- Select the whole text layer (Ctrl+A) and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C)

- Create a new layer containing your gradient

- Call AlphaMask and select 'Invert' and 'Paste from Clipboard'.

Hi, nice plugin. But that doesn't really help and very unrelated to what I'm trying to do. Thanks though

Typically to apply a gradient to an object you are using a mask.

If you think this is unrelated then try to reformulate your request because it seems that nobody understands what kind of effect you like to achieve.

Here an example which uses an image instead of a gradient.

Edited by midora

midoras signature.gif

You could also just simply click on your text with the magic wand set on global which should select all the letters. Now add another layer and your selection should move to there. Then just run what ever gradient or plugin you want for a gradient look. If you just want to change the color input the hex on the color window,primary color, and use the bucket fill tool to fill the text.   ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery