Moving an image in space for a perspective view?

Hi!

I've been trying to make a picture appear in a screen, and using the corners to try to stretch it's edges in space just squeezes it together or rotates it.

Does anyone know any tools to help with this that aren't complicated, or any ways to make the image move free-form?

Thank you!

If that sounded too complicated, basically I want to know how to alter the perspective of an image with the scaling nodes.

Edited by Lex

Hi @Lex and Welcome to the forum 112458.gif 

Here is a diagram of how to do this.  I hope it's what you are looking for.  You must place the cursor close to the 'nubs' till you see a hand.  Then with the shift held down pull the edges.  Holding the shift will keep the image in proportion.

14FV1k8.png

Good luck!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

or any ways to make the image move free-form

Try the plugins 'Quadrilateral reshape' or 'TR's Distort this'. They can be found using the plug in index here

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

And welcome to the forum too ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hi @Lex and Welcome to the forum 112458.gif 

Here is a diagram of how to do this.  I hope it's what you are looking for.  You must place the cursor close to the 'nubs' till you see a hand.  Then with the shift held down pull the edges.

No, that's not what I mean. I knew how to do that. I mean rotating it at an angle.

Ctrl + Shift + Z

Play with the rotation-globe-thingy. It does rotations in three different planes. If you're looking to fake a tilt then this is the tool for you.

Try the plugins 'Quadrilateral reshape' or 'TR's Distort this'. They can be found using the plug in index here

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

And welcome to the forum too ;)

I offer a heartfelt thank you for these two plug-ins!

I was frustrated beyond words that I had to rely on a third party program to do this (pixlr) but I've played with these plug-ins last night and they do exactly what I want in PDN :)

• Upvote 1