Splattered Image?

I saw a really amazing blood splatter tutorial on here, and that gave me the idea of using an image to make it look like it was splattered onto a canvas. However, I don't know how I would do so while keeping the original image. I've done some experiments on layers and dents, but to no good quality splatter. Any assistance?

All in all, you're just another brick in the wall.

Splatter plugin

Use it with a dark red color on a new layer above your original image.

Thanks, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for ^^

I was thinking along the lines of this:

red-paint-splatter.jpg

Except in the shape of a hammer, black on the bottom, red in the middle, and silver for the hammer's head.

Open the above image in pdn, then run grim colour reaper http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=15595 to remove the white background, resize and save as a .png and use with Custom Brushes Mini (Part of this pack) http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15218-simon-bs-plugin-pack-custom-brushes-editable-text-and-more-2014-06-22/  The Hammer you would have to create on your own ;)

Cool Splatter by the way :)

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

I actually have a photo of a hammer. I was wondering if I could incorporate that somehow into the picture c:

Here's the hammer (struggling to remove the background, but I'll get there) post-117642-0-39287600-1404406683_thumb.

Edited by Kitty Soules

Um... help?

Sorry, mind reader's in the shop for repair on the ventral slide-frunkle quantum mapulator.  You'll have to be a little more specific. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I saw a really amazing blood splatter tutorial on here, and that gave me the idea of using an image to make it look like it was splattered onto a canvas. However, I don't know how I would do so while keeping the original image. I've done some experiments on layers and dents, but to no good quality splatter. Any assistance?

Thanks, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for ^^

I was thinking along the lines of this:

red-paint-splatter.jpg

Except in the shape of a hammer, black on the bottom, red in the middle, and silver for the hammer's head.

Does this work?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to do that effect for years. I have had a little success on a few nebula but it took a lot of steps, plugins and layers. Sorry to say but the paint splatters in that pattern are almost impossible right now. 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Select the parts of the hammer individually. Run Splatter in the right color on the selection. Do this on a new layer. One color to a layer.