Cleaning up Background?

I'm trying to figure out a way to clean up the background in a photo I'm working on. Is there a way (tool/plugin) to extend existing material over an area you want to cover up? I want the background to look consistent. I tried cutting and pasting and it looks OK but a little ragged. I thought there might be an easier way and I might be missing something. Thanks to all who can offer help!

cweber54logo3NeonMushrooms.jpg

It is difficult to know exactly what you're trying to do without seeing the image, but these may help.

1. The built-in clone stamp - the documentation is here http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/CloneStamp.html

(or press the F1 key when in Pdn)

2. This plugin maybe worth trying too:http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25146-selection-obscureremovinghiding/

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks so much. I will try both ideas. and thanks for all your terrific plugins! I'm having trouble posting my picture in the Gallery. I'm following the directions coping as IMG in photobucking and trying to paste in the URL window after clicking the little image icon. Nothing happens. Any advice? I really would like to post some pictures to get feedback and advice. Again thanks so much for your help, I sincerely appreciate it. I have much to learn in PDN!

That's great! I think it will help. I used your smudge plugin to help me with another picture I just made. It worked great. I'm trying to post some pictures but running into trouble in the process. Copying as IMG in photobucket, pasting in the URL window after clicking image icon in my topic but nothing happens. Anyway, I hope I get it figured out soon. Thanks again for all of your great help! Chris

How to use images in your posts: Click Here