v3.5.11 has infections please check

hey,

went to download 3.5 and when I hit open to run the set-up program mulitwindows ect began to open. Running complete scan on desktop computer that was infected so far 48 problems detected. Paint net Please check your software Its been hacked.

Edited by loraxsft

I'm 99% sure you've downloaded the wrong file.

If this isn't where you got it, there's a good chance you clicked on the wrong "download" button on the getpaint.net website.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Also please be aware that the correct download link looks like this:

Free Download Now:
disk.png Paint.NET v3.5.11

Some of the ads that sometimes appear on that page can seem like correct downloads without actually being correct downloads.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

skullbonz -  I don't think loraxsft is updating.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

My Mcafee does NOT like this.  I was prompted by paint.net to update (which I don't remember having to do in the years I've had paint.net) and once it "deleted" the old version, it had an error and could not upload the new one.  I came to the website directly to get the new version and all I get is virus warnings.  Even when I push past them, all I got was downloads that had nothing to do with paint.net.....not the most tech savvy person....but this is so frustrating!

McAfee isn't doing the job or you're clicking on the ads and not the download link.

yhsjjie-84.png