Any way to "bump" without actually bumping?

I've been searching for a possible answer to this, but I haven't found a one... Is there any way to bring a gallery to the top of the list without posting a new reply? I try to follow the rules with regards to bumping, but just editing the original post does nothing.

Edit: I'm assuming this is the correct place for this kind of question...

Edited by Daniels

Yes this is the correct place. 

No there isn't a way to 'sneakily bump' your Gallery.  We discourage bumping. 

Why not add a picture and a new post to announce it?  This gives viewers a mechanism to find the new items in your Gallery (i.e. view first new post), and comment on them.  This is the honest way to do it :)

I don't have a problem with either, so both would be acceptable. 

Plus Daniels, a lot of people who leave feedback and visit the galleries always scroll down the list to see if anyone has updated the topic title - IE - new  02/03/2013 - I, like others visit and leave feedback on new updates, your doing things ok on here :)

BREtKQW.png

Yes this is the correct place. 

No there isn't a way to 'sneakily bump' your Gallery.  We discourage bumping. 

Why not add a picture and a new post to announce it?  This gives viewers a mechanism to find the new items in your Gallery (i.e. view first new post), and comment on them.  This is the honest way to do it :)

This is what I have done in the past. 

I'd also like to add that if posters comment in other people's gallery, then the artist has a chance to comment on the comment which can lead to sharing information on technique/plugins or new ways of working & keeps the forum an exciting & dynamic place. :D

EDIT: I should not post when rushing to get to work! Just like what DrewDale said! 

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

On that note, I have been unable to figure out how to do what drew dale said about New and dates etc. ever since the forum layout had changed.

I could use some help with that.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

When you add a post to the  your gallery thread, the thread rises toward the top of the list of threads.  Unread posts are flagged as such with a tiny icon beside the thread title in the list.  A viewer can click the icon and be taken to the first unread post.

Lol i meant changing the Thread title info to say New Additions or whatever the user wants to put there.

Edit: nevermind apparently its because i wasnt in "full editor mode" when editing or posting

Edited by NinjaManDan21

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will