Just amazing program - I nearly bought Photoshop

Actually, that's not quite true.
All I've been hearing about for years is PhotoShop and finally being forced to bite the bullet and create some graphic alterations of my own, the first thing I thought of was Photoshop - everybody has heard of it 1 million times.   Almost had a heart attack when I saw the extreme prices demanded for this package even in bits and pieces.
Gave up on the idea for a while, then was forced to copy a PrtScn example of a five layer menu and guess what?
I was told the only sensible and quick way to do it was by using paint.NET
I had known for years that Microsoft included a basic paint program and remember how unimpressive it was.
My helper actually gave me the URL for paint.net and let me tell you, there may be some things that a three grand program can do that this cannot, but after looking at the examples and features, there is nothing that this package cannot do for my own personal foreseeable requirements far, far into the future!  :smile:
Thank you, thank you to all the people involved in this amazing project! <3

Obviously, I will be back again .....  And again

You have to give the plugin author's some credit, llama...but yes, Rick is in my top 5 list of favorite people :)

Funny thing about photoshop...I have a copy of CS5 installed, but I hardly ever use it because I have paint.net

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You have to (...), llama

Lol that sound funny :P

Anyway, I just think it's amazing that he could make pretty much a better version of Photoshop (which was made by Adobe, a huge company, and costs a TON) by himself and give it away for free!

I'm going to donate to him soon, I feel ashamed for not having got around to it yet :P

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

I have used two other graphics programs that cost a bomb & to say that the results were childish & naive is an understatement. There are a few things that Paint.NET cannot do yet, yet being the operative word. There is not much that I CAN do with the other programs. 

Yes DD, you are quite right. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I have to admit, in the past, I've downloaded the free version of Photoshop to try it out - only because of the paint brushes, and the mesh tool, which Paint.NET does not have - but I've stopped short of actually buying PS, because I'm so hooked on Paint.NET.  I do manage to 'paint' with the aid of custom mini brushes and a lot of layers :PaintBrushTool:  :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

only because of the paint brushes, and the mesh tool,

...and thanks to pyrochild, http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=25327'>we now have mesh warp too

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo