Can`t update my gallery

I went to post my latest image in my gallery today but when I click on the `edit' button the text box opens with all my images showing the same as if you are just browsing the page normally. It usually opens with all the links plus any other text which you can then edit/delete whatever. As things are at the moment I cannot edit anything. I thought maybe there is a Forum setting I have enabled by mistake but I doubt it as I have not edited my gallery for some time now and the last time everything was fine.

I know I could easily just reply to the last post in my gallery thread and add the image there but I would like to post it on P1 in the main gallery with the other images.

Anyone got any ideas?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Now I find that when I toggle the text view on all the options on the toolbar are greyed out and cannot be used which means I can add a link - but I can`t centre it. When I toggle the other view on where I had the images showing all the options are available as normal but this is no good to me. I need all the options showing all of the time. It is not just my gallery this happens either. It`s a forum wide thing. Surely you should be able to edit posts properly no matter which mode you choose.

As far as I understand it, that button toggles between WYSIWYG and "code" mode (i.e. HTML/BB code).

Yes . But in WYSIWIG mode all the editing options are available, in code mode they are not. And it is in code mode that I need them as it`s the only way I can see to edit the gallery. In WYSIWIG mode the options might be there but I can`t get the curser to the top of the text box to add NEW code or text. It always appears further down next to one of the images that is already there. Very strange.

...in WYSIWIG mode all the editing options are available, in code mode they are not.

I'm pretty sure that's how it is supposed to work.

In WYSIWIG mode the options might be there but I can`t get the curser to the top of the text box to add NEW code or text. It always appears further down next to one of the images that is already there.

I've had this occasionally on a very laggy system. I gave up and came back later. You could copy the post code and edit it offline..

The forum is not slow to load or anything. If this is how it`s supposed to be I don`t think much of it. It makes things very awkward.

Funny thing is that I don`t recall ever having these problems before. I have been editing my gallery ever since I joined without any problem.

Goonie, You are right I have same problem,

To move curser up ( above the image in WYSIWIG), use the Up arrow on your keyboard, then press Enter, it works most of the time with me.

And to see the Paste option of the right mouse click menu, you have to click on the blinking curser or any where in the line after the curser.

Edited by yellowman

So maybe this is something the Mods should look into? If I am not the only one with this problem it must be the forum.

I`ll try your tip with the up arrow. Thanks Yellowman.

edit - Tried that but still no good. The only way I could get my latest image up was by deleting all of my other images in code mode, then going back to WYSIWIG mode and clicking on the `paste' button. This brought up a little box where I could paste the code and click OK. So from now on it will be just one image at a time. Not really acceptable but it`s the only way. This forum needs a bit of maintenance I think.

Edited by Goonfella

I usually just type in the BB code but the issue with not being able to click the WYSIWIG / Editor modes sounds like a java update issue or a plug-in for your web browser such as No-Script that may be preventing elements on the page from loading properly. If you haven't updated your Java or Web browser lately, try that as that's usually the easiest way to fix most issues. :D

RFX5A1.jpg

Well it`s not No Script as I`ve checked that. Java did need updating so I`ve done that and now have the latest version but I still get the same problem with all the options greying out in code mode. It`s definitely a problem with the way this forum is set up.