3D Text?

I'm running an art thread on the Minecraft forums here and I really want to expand my knowledge so I can provide better stuff for my customers. I've been looking at other designers' threads lately and found another art thread showcasing a text effect like this:

aBKQc.png

He has used Photoshop, but is there any way to achieve this kind of 3D text in Paint.NET?

Edited by whebzy

Follow the tutorial, but don't use shape3D and place the zoom blur on the center of the text. That should get you started. If you need further instruction, I'll get back to you later. (I have to go to school now, so no time to type up a tutorial ;) )

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

http://forums.getpai...ed-curved-text/

Follow the tutorial, but don't use shape3D and place the zoom blur on the center of the text. That should get you started. If you need further instruction, I'll get back to you later. (I have to go to school now, so no time to type up a tutorial ;) )

The zoom blur just doesn't quite cut it.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for pointing to Point Blur ;) I didn´t know it was there, gotta try with that too.

I tried the linked tutorial with zoom blur, set the transparency adjustment with Transparency plugin to maximum (slider to right side) and ran AA´s Assistant to get rid of jagged edges.

That´s the quick result:

texttry1.png

Edited by Ella
  • Upvote 1
sig_garfield.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...