Can't add/duplicate layers

Hi. I need allot of help. I can't add and/or duplicate layers!!! :O I want to make a button (which I've made many times) But I can't add the appropriate amount of layering (in fact, I can't add any at all! :'( ). So could you help a brother out here!!! Thx :P

Edited by Dudestude
scaled.php?server=199&filename=64293660.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=28&filename=74464915.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=33&filename=20856914.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=268&filename=29834293.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=171&filename=12982419.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=8&filename=68208838.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=192&filename=77201555.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=683&filename=49101283.jpg&res=crop

This post should not really be in troubleshooting...,

Quite so.

<moved to Paint.NET Discussion & Questions>

Does the button look like this in the layers window? :AddNewLayer:

Yea, but it Doesn't work when I click it!!!

How about the keyboard shortcuts ? Do they work ? (Ctrl+Shift+N / Ctrl+Shift+D)

You could always go into your Program Files / Paint.NET locate and run the PdnRepair Application and see if that works :)

[reason for edit] spelling errors.

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

What version of Paint.net? If it isn't 3.5.10, you MUST update it. If it is...I don't have a clue.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

This is interesting, because for me this button works ;)

But not for me!!!

How about the keyboard shortcuts ? Do they work ? (Ctrl+Shift+N / Ctrl+Shift+D)

You could always go into your Program Files / Paint.NET locate and run the PdnRepair Application and see if that works :)

[reason for edit] spelling errors.

No, they don't.

What version of Paint.net? If it isn't 3.5.10, you MUST update it. If it is...I don't have a clue.

I just downloaded it a week ago.

scaled.php?server=199&filename=64293660.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=28&filename=74464915.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=33&filename=20856914.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=268&filename=29834293.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=171&filename=12982419.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=8&filename=68208838.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=192&filename=77201555.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=683&filename=49101283.jpg&res=crop

Okay so what else have you done? Like, uninstall, reinstall?

What operating system? Hardware relatively recent or are you running with limited resources? (PDN is flexible and all, but resource limitations with all the junk PC's have these days can be an issue.)

Any intrusive and aggressive software like anti-virals, anti-malware or the like that may be interfering with .NET running? Or during its install?

Checked to make sure your .NET updates are up to date via windows update? (This may or may not kick something lose. It resolved some plugin issues for me several months ago on an XP client ...)

Do you have administrative rights on the machine? Is the account being used an administrator?

I know I'm broaching the rule about this not being a tech support forum, but I figured I needed to at least illicit a bit more information that may or may not be helpful in just the asking.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

It-Just-Might-Reveal-Something: Send us a screenshot with Paint.NET open and another one showing your Paint.NET directory.