Unable to use oil painting effect

miro

I have just updated to the new version of paint.net Unfortunately, after installing the new version I am now NOT able to use the oil painting effect. Could you please let me know what I need to do to be able to use this effect again. Thank you.

Edited by miro

Yes, please describe what happens! Unfortunately my psychic powers are a bit rusty today. My sleep schedule is totally off whack from having had jury duty this week. Getting up at 6am when you're used to getting up ... later ... will do that. It's like I'm jet lagged or something.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Just ran oil painting for the sake of it. No problem to report here. Running win7 ultimate with a p4 and 4 gb ram, works ok at my end

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz 12.GB RAM 64-bit OS & it works for me too. I have the latest version of PDN since I let it update automatically.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I'm wondering if our original poster, Miro, had a small selection active and didn't notice that the Oil Painting effect was being run just on that?

• Upvote 1

Yes, please describe what happens! Unfortunately my psychic powers are a bit rusty today. My sleep schedule is totally off whack from having had jury duty this week. Getting up at 6am when you're used to getting up ... later ... will do that. It's like I'm jet lagged or something.

I have installed paint net a number of times and am not getting the results that I had on the previous version. Now it barely does the oil painting effect

On the previous version I could get any size of effect that I wanted, now it does not work. I am using an acer Netbook and it worked perfectly before. I just love the effects I got. Could I get the previous version back.

BoltBait is probably correct. The Oil Painting effect is quite subtle when rendered on large images.