PDN Crashes Like Crazy!

KeyLogic

I've been using Paint.NET for while now but I've noticed that since the recent upgrades that it crashes very often when using several layers or even randomly just by clicking on an action.

I've tried reinstalling PDN and .NET Framework but nothing helps.

Several times it would crash to the desktop without even generating a crash report. Other time I'd get the blue screen.

I have enough RAM installed and PND uses nowhere close to the RAM ceiling. There are no overclocks on any of my hardware either.

I've tried removing all of the effects but it made no difference.

After the crashes started, I replaced both my RAM and my graphics card. Also made no difference.

I'm using PDN version 3.5.8. There are no other issues in any of my other applications.

I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Edited by KeyLogic

How much is 'enough' RAM? That's a subjective thing. Very large images have an impressive overhead when you add in multiple layers.

This post might explain: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8606-out-of-memory-to-loadedit-an-image-read-this-first/

If your problems are not related to large images, then follow BoltBait's advice and post the crash log (it's on your desktop) + your system specs.

I'll take a wild guess and say that it's either your video drivers or bad memory.

Go ahead and post a crash log so we can debug further.

Hi. The problem started after I few recent PDN updates and I was using my old video card at the time. I have a new video card with completely different drivers and I've even swapped out the RAM, The problem still exists.

How much is 'enough' RAM? That's a subjective thing. Very large images have an impressive overhead when you add in multiple layers.

This post might explain: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8606-out-of-memory-to-loadedit-an-image-read-this-first/

If your problems are not related to large images, then follow BoltBait's advice and post the crash log (it's on your desktop) + your system specs.

I have 1GB of RAM but I was monitoring the RAM usage while I was working on the image and less then half of that was being used. Even with the page file turned on PDN still crashes.

I am having same problem, and don't wanna open a new thread, and these are some crash logs, sometimes PDN disappears suddenly wile I am working ( the most I don't like), and sometimes with a very tiny warning window contains two words can't recall them exactly, so I have a chance to save the work then close PDN.

My PC is very good in term of everything, but I am sure there is still something wrong in it that makes PDN to crash, I will be so appreciated if you can figure it out from the log files attached, thanks.

PDN crashes.zip