Ghostly pdyplugin pack!!!

Lorrycc

Hi guys I've started to download PaintNet again on my new laptop but there's a but and very odd. I had downloaded pdyplugin pack effectfolder.png which is a circle plugin set of text, unzipped it and put it in effects folder and the plugin is not on in the affects as you can see from the snap shot effectlist.png.

Am I doing anything wrong here? I think I should tell you that I have windows7. I don't think that would make any difference. With other plugins I've unzipped and transfered to the effects folder are fine but this ghostly pdyplugin pack is weird. Any help is appreicatated thanks Lorraine

Did you restart Paint.net?

Are you sure you put in in the right place? Generally, the default location is C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects

If yes to the above questions, post a screenshot of your effects folder contents (including the path to the folder).

I had put the screen shot in the above post as you can on the left side of the screen you can see paintnet then effects just below which is listed in with some of the plugins I have. I had done exactally you had mentioned and you can see it's not in the effect menu

Edited by Lorrycc

im gonna say -- delete the dpy folder and the text formations folder, then redownload the zip file for just dpy v 5.2 , extract, and copy to the effects folder again

everything you have looks fine compared to mine but obviously theres a glitch-- remeber to have pdn closed when doing this

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

mines in subfolders and works that way.. just saying

They're directly in the effect's folder as well. For example, AA's assistant is a dpy plugin.

Simon that is in directly in the effects folder. I had put it in there years ago before and now having new a laptop it's not showing in the effects menu in paintnet. Mountain where is the subfolder?

Only the plugins by Pyrochild are directly in your effects folder. DPY's plugins are in a sub-folder.

When you download the zip, right-click on it and select Open With -> Windows Explorer, then extract using that.

KaHuc.png

Moved to Troubleshooting

Plugins will not be loaded if they are in the Paint.NET application folder. The DLLs must be directly in the Effects folder, not in further subfolders.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg