Is It Possible To Fade Through Transparency?

nate890

Yo dude. You're breaking the forum rules.

"Rule 25) Do not 'bump' your own thread unless it has received 0 replies and it has been 24 hours since you posted it."

When you select the Gradient tool :GradientTool: you need to change the mode from Colour mode :AllColorChannels: to Transparency :AlphaChannelOnly:

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

..., I don't come here often.

That's a poor excuse. I don't travel to the USA very often, but I'm obliged to drive on the right hand side of the road and follow local road rules when I'm there.

Please take the time to read the forum rules. They are mandatory for ALL users.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a poor excuse. I don't travel to the USA very often, but I'm obliged to drive on the right hand side of the road and follow local road rules when I'm there.

Please take the time to read the forum rules. They are mandatory for ALL users.

I came here looking for an answer to the posters original question. Instead, I'm having to read through a moderator abusing his/her power. One warning was enough... coming back and digging your nails into his response is unaacceptable. Instead, you could have provided feedback to his question and not risk alienating a user to this software. The software, the sole reason your moderator status even exists. Kindly refrain from over moderating posts in the future because you are having a poor attitude.

I'd be interested in seeing a response to the original question, so... Bump.

I came here looking for an answer to the posters original question. Instead, I'm having to read through a moderator abusing his/her power. One warning was enough... coming back and digging your nails into his response is unaacceptable. Instead, you could have provided feedback to his question and not risk alienating a user to this software. The software, the sole reason your moderator status even exists. Kindly refrain from over moderating posts in the future because you are having a poor attitude.

Ego Eram Reputo is the nice mod. Try that with me and see how far you get.

Enforcing rules and making it clear that there is no excuse for failing to follow them is not the same as abusing moderator powers. One warning should have been enough, but the warned decided to try to turn him/herself into a "special case" where the rules don't apply at least for a little while, thus justifying EER's response. Just for further reference, when cruising around forums, try not to argue with mods and admins about rule enforcement ;)

Anyhow, Sfifer already responded to the original question. If you need clarification on any part of the response, specify which part and I'll do my best to explain it in more detail.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I am new here but have been on a few forums over the years and these mods are the nicest I have met. :) I have also been a mod and it can be extremely frustrating. :(

Edited by minners71
  • Upvote 1

The last three posts have said all that I wanted to say. Your support is appreciated boltbait.smile.png

Back on-topic: BoltBait posted this just a day or two ago & I thought it might expand on the answer that Sfifer gave about altering the gradient color mode...,

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/22438-large-feather-100px-selection/page__view__findpost__p__357981