pdncrash

nummasor

i sent already the pdncrash to where we must send, but cause havent yet any reply i need for now some clear me out questions about download pluggins & paint.net folders "configuration": i mean, in paint.net folder we got the «effects, file types, native.x64, native.86, resources & staging» folders (i believe this staging is the last one) -now, is it normal having some of the effects files/pluggins i did dowload under the staging folder? i was a lil confuse about the unzip thing so i think i did even put some effects in there (under the staging folder) -but even so, all the effects i did the pluggins they all are in the right folder -the effects folder; any way, simply anyone can tell me what is suposed to be under the Staging folder (license, paintdotnet.base.dll, paintdotnet.core.pdb,..data,..effects, paintdotnet, paintdotnet.exe, paintdotnet.pdb,..etc etc?**) & having some of the effects i pluggin (copy's for sure, cause i have them too-same names- in the effects folder as must be) mixed with this** under the Staging folder can damage or explain my paint.net crash? please, clear me something about this & sorry my bad english & my naif pc experience ó.ò; ty:)

is it normal having some of the effects files/plugins i did download under the staging folder?

Not normal.

All that I have in my Staging folder is a single compressed .msi file.

Make a copy of your Staging folder and paste it to your Desktop.

Then delete everything in Staging except for any .msi file.

Re-start Paint.NET and see if it works without crashing.

========================================

Also, try running PdnRepair:

Typically -

Program Files/Paint.NET/PdnRepair.exe

Not normal.

All that I have in my Staging folder is a single compressed .msi file.

Make a copy of your Staging folder and paste it to your Desktop.

Then delete everything in Staging except for any .msi file.

Re-start Paint.NET and see if it works without crashing.

========================================

Also, try running PdnRepair:

Typically -

Program Files/Paint.NET/PdnRepair.exe

well TY anyway...but i simply did what i thought was the most simply way to solve my prob: i uninstalled paint.net so i could start all over from the begin...but u know what? ahhhh, uninstall fatal error & now i cant use at all paint.net & i cant reinstall, simply cant do anything & i just wantto die ahhhh O.O (to solve problem i must contact paint.net package vendor, or even microsoft (i guess) & & &...omg...why must be so complicated all this pc stuff...i cant believe its so hard get rid of a program (to "re-download" everything as must be download)..now i'm stuck in a kinda paint.net limbo ó.ò... will gimp or other "similar" program be my salvation? ahhhhh o.o;

..WAIT...i downloaded the FINAL UNINSTALLER...(me so anxiety & stuff)...paint.net was deleted there..& now i'm going to try download again Paint.net...(please, please.../me pray to technological heavens...brb...)''

\o/ yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay \o/ I DID IT! I got already paint.net back again, HOOoo!! TY TY TYVM ( & now, for the 1st time i will see how a program folder is & what he's got inside, before any changes (pluggins) i'll do from now on..ok, back to work & a big hug to all the paint.net folks \m/o\m/

ps: & pyrochild, i <snip - let's not even joke about it > if this time your pluggin package mess with me (at least i'll do my best to make right the pluggin O.o O.~)

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

OK..but its a "strange" pluggin (the pyrochild ones)..from the winrar i copy all the pyro stuff & put everything in the effects folder; but they allways go to under the staging folder* ("mixed" with everything's there* O.o...so i must drag 1 by 1 all the pyrochild effects to the effects folder & then i had to install the paintdotnet_25519670 thing (lol) in the staging folder* (btw, the only item i'v got there*) -only now i see the pyro effects in my paint.net menu...but i didnt try yet them (& above all only left me to know if the «curves+ & the gradient map» will crash me again like the other time i 1st get the pyro pluggin) -if so, np, i simply wont touch them again -its a minor bad thing compares to everything what happened to me when i decided try to fix the prob anyway; for now everything seems to get back to "normality"<--better than nothing:)))

OK..but its a "strange" pluggin (the pyrochild ones)..from the winrar i copy all the pyro stuff & put everything in the effects folder; but they allways go to under the staging folder*

My plugins are no different than any other file. They don't do anything until you use them in Paint.NET, and they definitely can't move themselves any more than your refrigerator can.

I'm not trying to insult you, but if they are ending up in the wrong place, it's because someone is putting them there.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Actually, our fridge works it's way across the kitchen floor....but that's because it's possessed :devlish: No need to worry, usually they don't. :D

ok, defenetly everything's ok (curves+ & gradient mapping dont crash me anymore) & ok, i never oficial or directly blamed pyro & always maked know how pc naif i am & probably all my problems were bc i dont understand a dime of pc stuff (wasnt this explicit enought? was it too subtil?) watever; ok, now i know i cant select & copy all a package items from winrar to effects folder -if u do = the items go to under the staging folder & bc only yesterday i downloaded my 2nd package pluggin (boltbait's package) i saw there in a very clear way that i must save the package already in paint.net effects folder & its in there (inside there) where i must unzip the package..& sorry,dunno if its bc mine its a W7 home premium, when it comes to save or keep anything we download, he gives me a "automatic" location, i simply say yes & then i try to find what location was that one & from there i open the zip with winrar & from winrar i drag the items to the paint.net effects folder (why am i type this? in case anything is wrong or overrated, maybe someone might have the gently of tip-clear me about this...so simply steps for u all but not for someone with only about 1 week pc use;) TYVM Pyrochild for your awesome pluggins & tyvm all u this pluggins creators: you r a bloody magicians:) ps:ok, i shouldnt had put the issue in a kinda personal way & instead say..«the pyro pluggins»... i shoulda had say: «the package pluggins»...no matter the prob was the select & copy all at once from winR to effect folder (the way i did) while when its just 1 item in the zip i simply drag(not even copy)..but ok, i understand how puting pyro name mixed with this my problem can "kinda difamate" his name, so me flip reverse to true version & ohmy, everyone, dont hesitate a second, get the pyrochild package imediatly, cause be sure: thats the good stuff, the real one good stuff (amoung with some others almost mytical paint.net pluggins magicians)!!! ok, sorry the lick thing or, simply, publicity...lets go back to work & period:)