Feature requests

A few requests. One of these are for Paint .Net 3.0, but I will just put it here with a star:

-Clear entire pallet:* I am making MANY pallets. They are VERY useful. however, i need to constantly clear my pallets. however, i need to click X, then the colour, then repeat. Why cant I just clear the entire thing? OR Click, drag the mouse, and un click. The area selected would be cleared. I suppose I could clear a pallet, save it as Blank, and go on from there, but it would be much easier to have a mass clear, or delete all function.

-Layer drag and drop: name says it all. To move a layer, you need to press Up or down as many spots as you need to. However, wouldnt it be easier if you could click a layer, and then drag and drop it in the place you want?

The next feature is not a big deal, and it inst really necessary - it is more for 2.7.2, not 3.0, but anyways: The tolerance bar at times is a bit frustrating to get the exact number (More in 2.7.2 than in 3.0). So my suggestion is to let us imput the number beside the bar. (Not get rid of the bar, just add the option to type the number)

Thats about it. if I think of more, Ill add it.

• 4 weeks later...
-Layer drag and drop: name says it all. To move a layer, you need to press Up or down as many spots as you need to. However, wouldnt it be easier if you could click a layer, and then drag and drop it in the place you want?

Yes! I thought that it misses this "drag and drop layers" function. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...

I´m from Brazil and have a suggestion for a new functionallity on Paint.NET.

In Photoshop application we have the possibility of make a resize with the crop tool, its soo important, because we may set the aspect of height and width mading the selection with the crop tool and than send the command to resize it.

Tks...

A few requests. One of these are for Paint .Net 3.0, but I will just put it here with a star:

-Clear entire pallet:* I am making MANY pallets. They are VERY useful. however, i need to constantly clear my pallets. however, i need to click X, then the colour, then repeat. Why cant I just clear the entire thing? OR Click, drag the mouse, and un click. The area selected would be cleared. I suppose I could clear a pallet, save it as Blank, and go on from there, but it would be much easier to have a mass clear, or delete all function.

You can accomplish this by directly editing the palette file.

Just click the Manage Color Paletts button in the color docker and select the Open Palettes Folder option.

In that window, right-click in any open space and choose New > Text Document.

Give it the name you want.

Close that window.

Click the Manage Color Palettes button again and chose your new Palette file. You should see a blank palette.